Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kudos to a company that stand behind their product!

EscapeRocks

I have an old Ultimate Support Apex stand. I use it in my live rig.

I bought it brand new way back in 1987. Well, after 18 years of use, the little carrying handle broke the other day.

Today, I emailed Ultimate, telling them how good my 18 year old stand is, and aksed how I go about buying a new handle.

Within 2 hours I get a reply telling me they will send me the new updated handle and attaching hardware...no charge. Just give them my address.

Granted, the handles probably aren't expensive, but I didn't ask for a freebie, especially for almost 20 year old product.

I am impressed, and will most likely reward they're good business with an Ultimate purchase of some type in the near future.

Just wanted to pass this on, as sometimes online all we hear is the bad stuff re: companies.

David

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If a part broke you could call them and they would quickly send a new part for free.

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

When the handle broke on my Deltex I left it broken for a couple of months. One day I decided to fiddle with it for a minute and it worked again. Never occurred to me to call them. I'll remember next time...

Daf

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

Sue:

We're fortunate that we have Dave and Paul :) from GEM on this site for personal support. I wonder if our mutual friend HermanJoe got his Promega back, he's been out of sight lately.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

We're fortunate, you're right about that. And how could I not mention Zoot here. He practically jumps out of my keyboard when I turn it on. Wait'll I start hearing zippers, I'm gonna be a nervous wreck.

There's a couple people I wonder about, where they've gone.. hope they come back.

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Yeah, I called Ultimate for the same reason ... they were very helpful over the phone, taking my address, parts for free, etc ... but the parts never came. I gave one follow-up call and gave up. It's just a handle, I tell myself ... I broke mine off a long time ago and never bothered till one day I decided to make that call.

I may try again in the future, but that whole experience wasn't worthwhile to me. EscapeRocks, if you actually get your goods from them, let us know.

gg

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Oh yeah, I might as well add the one cust. serv. experience I had related to music gear that blew me away. I've already gushed over it in its own thread, but I'll say it again:

Clavia/Armadillo (Clavia's N.A. distrbutor) totally rock.

My Nord Electro had a fried motherboard, after warranty. They had FedEx pick it up, FLY it to Armadillo, had the work done, delivered to my door ... all within a week. Incredible. It was barely out of warranty so they honored the warranty and there was no charge. I don't know if they're still being that generous as other Electros have had that problem, but still ...

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

• 3 weeks later...
I had a bag from Ulimate for my Apex -- picked it up and the handle ripped the canvas material. Ultimate shipped a brand new bag that day.

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

The basic desin gof the APEX stand is modular. The handle they sent me is the handle that is put on the current production stands. SInce the "track" is the same as it's been for over 20 yuears, the handle fits my stand the same as it would fit a new APEX stand.

David

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Originally posted by Ed Coury:

I had a bag from Ultimate for my Apex -- picked it up and the handle ripped the canvas material. Ultimate shipped a brand new bag that day.

I have two Ultimate Support bags for two Ultimate Support speaker stands. After over ten years of use the interior lining of those bags began to flake and the stitching also became unraveled in places. I wrote them a letter asking if I could send them the bags to have them repaired. They sent me two brand new bags and sent it Fed Ex or rush US Air Mail - at any rate, I was impressed with their service and I will continue to buy their products.

I also had plastic fittings from those stands break when I stored them in my car overnight and the temperature went below freezing. No problem, they sent me replacement parts. Amazing service!!!

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Archived