Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I am so sick its not even funny

oh man. cristmas day i felt like i was coming down with something pretty bad. scratchy throat, funny head feeling. felt like the beginning of bronchitus(sp) but the girl and i figured it was probably my reaction to her cats (i am deathly allergic to most pets - sucks because i LOVE pets). i thought it would work itself out shortly. we went out for drinks christmas night with friends. i usually stay away from her cats (we dont live together ~ somewhat because she has 2 cats and also we arent married. we have been dating 3 years come february so we are planning to do the deed in the coming year - cats are still a BIG issue) anyway i spent about 7 hours around her cats on christmas because we wanted to have christmas dinner with her folks and i thought one day out of the year wouldnt be too bad, after all how sick could i get right? well last night i started to get really ill. coughing, sneezing, headache, the works. went through an entire roll of paper towels (ouch!) and got even sicker as the night went on. i ended up starting up the vaporizer about 11pm and that helped tremendously, the steam makes my nose less sensitive and slows down the works a lot. in fact if i didnt have the vaporizer on right now i would be in misery! i dont think this is cat allergies. its too big for that, although it couldve been triggered by the cats. my throat feels like i ate an entire fish without pulling the bones out and they all got stuck in my throat. yuck. anyway, this is my last day off from work and i am sicker than hell. cant get anything done today at all except sit around and blow my nose and try and avoid hurling repeatedly and to top it off, i could NOT get on these forums last night AT ALL. i see others had posted here last night, so i wonder what the hell the problem is. i actually tried to get some multi-samples done on my akai s2000, got some progress but not as good as i can do feelin sharp. ugg. to top it off, we got a troll at my other favorite forum (vintage pickup truck forum) and i am avoiding it altogether because its NASTY over there. big asshole lookin for trouble.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"undiagnosable flu-like symptoms" seems to be the choice sickness lately. Maybe it's just a lab-manipulated strain of smallpox engineered to work in slow motion, and we're all just being infected slowwwwwwly. Wouldn't that suck? Ha ha ha ha. Ha. Of course it's more likely just sinus infections from fungus and mildew residing in air ducts. NO, wait, I'm not finished... Everyone should take at least about (in my experience) 250mg of estherC (ph-balanced) a day. As long as I stay on the stuff I never get sick, and I'm around someone sneezing or coughing just about every day in a confined space. It definitely works....

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

I know there are people who feel that taking HUGE amounts of vitamins makes you healthier and healthier, but most nutrionists and doctors agree that more than 250mg of C a day will not be absorbed by the body. It will also give you the runs. Some of the B vitimins can be toxic in extreme doses. I think B-6 can be very bad if abused.
I really don't know what to put here.

The news just mentioned that Mayor Richard Daley and his wife were both hospitalized with stomach flu up in Chicago. The report included mention of "violent vomiting." Mrs. Daley apparently broke a rib, hopefully from falling down, not from the violence of the vomiting. So, my advice: drink heavily for New Year's, you're probably going to be hurling for days afterwards anyways. :freak: Seriously, sounds like there's a bad flu on the loose. Most important thing to remember: re-hydration. Even if you can't keep anything down, small sips of water, regularly, should be kept within reach if at all possible. Or maybe this is just a new form of delivery for the smallpox vaccine? Has our own government attacked us with a weapon of mass hurling? rt

i doubt it. no one around me is sick (yet, they'll probably get it from me!) actually its been over a year since i had a good "sick". maybe i am just do for one. its kinda like being high, except that it sucks. my brain is not working right so any and all work i try to do is nearly imposiible.

[quote]Originally posted by Sylver Bleeds Green: ...more than 250mg of C a day will not be absorbed by the body.[/quote]The way to do it is to take it 2-3 doses per day instead of one large one...which will just end up in the toilet bowl. I do a total of about 1500mg/day...along with other vitamins/minerals/herbs. It's all in mega-doses when compared to USRDA standards...but not as high as some people have been known to take. I've been on this stuff for over 20 years...have had one bad flu/fever and maybe a handful of colds in all that time....and I usually recover quickly. But you have to find what works for you...the right combination...it takes some experimentation and commitment. Coaster, Drink a lot of fluids...some nice juices work well..but nothing too acidic...and get some Claritin (you can get it OTC now)...and if you are congested, 1-2 Sudafed as needed will help.

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

[quote]Originally posted by miroslav: [b]... and if you are congested, 1-2 Sudafed as needed will help.[/b][/quote]Take two. They're 30 mg each pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. 60 mg is the recommended dosage for an adult, and that will clear up the old nasal passages within an hour or so. It's non-drowsy, too. Buy the generic brand, it's about half-price at any drugstore. And drink your liquids! Hope you feel better soon, you weirdo!

Not to belittle Coaster's current (and certainly temporary) illness, but I just giggled at the subject header. When, exactly, is being sick funny? I mean, at what point do you say, "You know, I'm sick, but not [i]too[/i] sick, so it's pretty damn hilarious."? I hate being sick and am the biggest wussy about it. I've had three colds this year and you would have thought the world was about to end. - Jeff

I have no sympathy for you sick people. You knew you could get sick, didn't you, yet you made no attempt to avoid getting sick, and now that you're sick you have no idea how to take care of yourself, so you ask a bunch of strangers on the internet what to do. You drank beer, ate nachos, and went to some grimy little bar where half of the people there had some strange, unidentifiable disease, and were hacking and spitting into the air and catching it and then slicking their hair back with it. I hope you die.

You know I just find it such a [b]comfort[/b] to be sick. Usually I'm going around whingeing and whining with no real reason for it, so part of my brain's guilty about making all the unnecessary noise. But when I get sick, oh, the moral fervor of my wails! I am in [b]pain[/b] ! I am [i]suffering[/i] ! I can let loose without the least bit of guilt! Joy!!! Ahhh, to be ill... "Don't come around here with that disease, son." rt

Someone I know once told me he was coming down with something. I told him that I had the same thing, everyone did, 4 days, drink lots of fluids. He said that he can never afford to miss work (self-employed), so he just gets a bottle of [b]Captain Morgan's[/b] and a thing of [b]hot buttered rum mix[/b]. One night and it's all clear. He swears it works for him almost every time. For me, it doesn't work as often but it's always fun. I get one a year, and I just watch sports on tv. And drink lots of water, take a bath, and eat hot food without dairy. :wave:

[quote]Originally posted by Sylver Bleeds Green: [b]and doctors agree that more than 250mg of C a day will not be absorbed by the body. It will also give you the runs. [/b][/quote]If you take time released doses you can absorb what you pee away. I also mentioned 250mg... Esther C is "easier on the vilii" BTW.

I have to agree with Wewus, I refuse to be sick. You can always make yourself get up and do "something". Right...? Seriously though - C is a great thing. When I was younger I would get maybe 2 or so colds a year, maybe the flu now and then. Started taking C - I don't get sick, UNLESS I forget for a couple of days. But if I've had it in my system for about a week I don't worry about catching a cold. My job makes me sit in a little 6x4 room for hours on end with people coughing and sneezing, I have to pick up their guitars and mess with them - cold viri all over no doubt - and I always think "ok, this time for sure I'm going to be sick tomorrow"... Nope. (knock on melamine). It definitely works. Every year I watch my co-workers get sick a couple of times, the most I have is the "feeling" of something *trying* to do something to me but it never latches on. UNLESS I skip a few days. Geez. I went about 4 years straight with NO sickness whatsoever, laid off of the C for a few days thinking "no biggie", boom, I get a bad cold. Happend again last year; one room mate gets the flu, really really badly... a week later the other gets it... weeks go by and nothing happens. THEN, my bottle of esther C runs out. Oh well, I'll get some more tomorrow. Oops. Well, tomorrow for sure. Tomorrow night.. Tomorrow.. Uh oh, am I coughing? etc... I've gone about a month without it until a few days ago; seeing everyone around me say the same thing "I went to the doctor and he said he didn't know what it was, something like the flu" has spooked me into being religious about it again. Combine that with the mysterious smallpox vac. push and the ever-unending cruise ship "Flu like symptoms"... Yeah, I'm going to keep taking C.

Every year at this time I get a sinus infection from hell. Then I go get some super antibiotic from a Doc that almost kills ya. Last year I took one and craped blood for five weeks straight! So two weeks ago I wake up dizzy, can't walk around without a bucket.Oh no, here it comes again. But instead of going to the Doc this year I took 2ooo mg a day of C.and it worked,so far, knock on wood. Im also gonna go way out on a limb here,What the hell. Ever look up in the sky? Those aren't vapor trails. They don't evaporate. They blend together to form huge cloud cover. They spray every day. Been watching it for four years. Even the day after 911 when all traffic was grounded.

Man, Coaster, did you huff that stuff straight south? The day after Christmas, I began to feel it and today I'm giving the paper products industry their present. I usually have band practice on thursdays, but the other guys wanted to take it off, so I went to an acoustic jam I've been wanting to check out. It was great, but I began to get dragged down as the evening wore on. Worse, I've got the house to myself tonight and I was thinking of having an after party for some musician friends who are playing a coffee house tonight. I used to get these bad long lasting colds when I smoked, but now I usually make it thru the winter with little ill effect. I wonder if it is because I was around all the little ones, progeny of nieces and nephews, who go to germ breeder/reactor schools. My best friend has to take my place in small doses because he's so allergic to cats, but he knows right away when it's getting to him. sniff, sniff, honk, honk, snort Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

[quote]Originally posted by GT3: [b]I also find that cutting open a strong onion and "huffing" it can really clear you out... sometimes much better than any medicine.[/b][/quote]Yeah you should do that thing with the onion and, also drink a big glass of cat piss. I swear it works.

Could be a psychological thing, where you get ill 'cause you don't really wanna be with this girl. Could be a psychological thing, where you don't want to be around her animals. Could be that it's a real bug in your system. Could be that you are doing something that you really don't want to do, and your body (mind, spirit, etc.) doesn't really wanna go along with it, so it's rebelling. At this time of year, people do some crap that they don't really wanna do, just 'cause it's "the thing I'm expected to do." That makes for some bad mojo. I, for one, stopped doing that 10 years ago, and have no guilt. I used to visit my grandmother every year out of guilt. She's a total, unemotional, selfish, cold bitch. She has outlived my father. At my father's funeral, she complained, "They didn't even mention me!" Hey, granny, this isn't about you! So, in your case, I hope that you got a virus, or you are allergic to animals. Otherwise, the picture ain't pretty. Call your mom. She can probably help.

[quote]I have no sympathy for you sick people. You knew you could get sick, didn't you, yet you made no attempt to avoid getting sick, and now that you're sick you have no idea how to take care of yourself, so you ask a bunch of strangers on the internet what to do. You drank beer, ate nachos, and went to some grimy little bar where half of the people there had some strange, unidentifiable disease, and were hacking and spitting into the air and catching it and then slicking their hair back with it. I hope you die. [/quote]wewus, this is the best bit of political commenrtary/parody that I've seen on this forum yet. Thank You.

Paul Berolzheimer

Progenitor of 2 amazing sound sources

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Yeah I had myself laughing on that one. I just hope that coaster remembered to drink his cat piss today.[/b][/quote]It works better if you lick the cat anus afterwards.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

I agree. Wewus: You're the man! (Or the woman?) Coaster: You've definately caught this new computer virus that spreads to humans. It's terrible. Everyone around you will die. I feel sorry for all your friends. Now why'd you go ahead and get this virus, huh? Selfish bastard! (But really: Sure hope you get well real soon. Keep the spirits up! It helps, sort of...)

-Joachim Dyndale

--------------------

Einstein: The difference between genius and stupidity is: Genius has limits

My Blog...

Archived