Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Logic (6) Drum sequencing...

Phait

While it's not something I feel I need to do, I'd like to try importing a MIDI sequence into Logic (exported from my workstation), and then assign each drum sample (kick(s), snare(s) etc) to it's respective event in the sequence, and then if need be from there - edit or quantize the sequence in Hyper Edit or Matrix Editor. I'd also like to, if I want, create a new drum sequence in Logic from my own samples. The simple way of doing this is cut/pasting samples in the arrange window but that's kind of ridiculous...

I was thinking would I create an audio instrument and map the samples to the particular keys, and then somehow assign the MIDI sequence to that instrument, and it should play?

I did find this @ Sound on Sound , which looks neat, but it's not exactly what I want to do.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phait, did your Logic 6 come with the EXS24 sampler? If not, just use the sampler function on your Fantom to create a drum kit, and then you can trigger the kit from Logic. It'll require you to do some serious reading since you haven't really dealt with MIDI before, but what you are trying to do is what Logic (and all sequencers, really) were doing way before there was even a thought to actually recording audio into the computer.

"For instance" is not proof.

I didn't know you could work that way. Well, I don't have any MIDI cables either... the main reason I was considering doing this is so I can work on some drum loops primarily with my own samples, without the keyboard, in almost any place with the laptop. Also, Logic 6 Audio only came with EXSP24 (Big Box collection)...

Archived