Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just bought a new Roland Fantom X8 and am very happy with it!

jcmedo80

Well, I have just returned from Hong Kong with a brand new Fantom X8 with 4 SRX expansion cards: platinum traxx, supreme dance, ultimate keys, and orchestra.

And I have to say that I love it and its awesome, I cant stop playing it. and i also must say that i think with my new set-up it leaves Korg for dead.. (dont get me wrong, i still like the extreme).

also, i made sure it was the latest version from roland without the mainboard bug etc. so I am very happy with it..

Thanks for all the advice over the past few weeks from you all.. :wave:

James - Sydney, Australia

Equipment: Roland Fantom X8 with expansions Platinum Traxx, Supreme Dance, Orchestra, and Ultimate Keys. Behringer 2031B monitors, Apex AX48B (silver) stand

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! I'm actually really looking forward to picking up an XR this week. It's overdue, but better late than never. I thought about picking up the Platinum Traxx and Ultimate Keys, too. How do you like the sounds in Traxx? Thanks in advance! Have fun!

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Thats great! Well ive only been playing it for about 2 days now (only trying out the traxx card) but I still have not even gone through all the sounds that traxx has.. but all i can say is, you wont be dissapointed!

If you like alot of the older synth sounds from jupiter, juno, you name it.. you will then love it. you can see the patches and listen to some on the roland website.. :cool:

James - Sydney, Australia

Equipment: Roland Fantom X8 with expansions Platinum Traxx, Supreme Dance, Orchestra, and Ultimate Keys. Behringer 2031B monitors, Apex AX48B (silver) stand

I just spent some time on the X8 and it didn't do it for me. I was hoping to like it because I think it has superior sampling capabilities to the Motif and Triton but I just didn't like the way it sounded. It's not the presets I had a problem with, it's more like cheap britle sounding converters or something. I didn't find the Triton much better. The Motif was the standout to me. YMMV.

My studio is my instrument

RnBeatz

Archived