Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Gods Of Rock @ 2002 by TheWewus

Can I be Apollo, God of Music? I can play the banjo, accordian, bagpipes, and the viola.

"Meat is the only thing you need beside beer! Big hunks of meat and BEER!!...Lots of freakin' BEER."

"Hey, I'm not Jesus Christ, I can't turn water into wine. The best I can do is turn beer into urine." Zakk Wylde

http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_109.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by dBunny: [b]This has GOT to be a new world record. Wewus started this band at 9:20am, and by 6:57pm Khan has already managed to get kicked out! Before the first rehearsal, even! That guy works FAST! :p [/b][/quote]I figure if I'm going to start chanelling Indian gods I have to learn how to be decisive. Sorry Khan, you'll also develop open sores all over your body by morning.

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]I figure if I'm going to start chanelling Indian gods I have to learn how to be decisive. Sorry Khan, you'll also develop open sores all over your body by morning.[/b][/quote]Great. :( Like I don't already have enough open sores already. :rolleyes:
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by CMDN: [b]Um... Wewus... Zeus is Greek. You might be thinking of Thor, who is the Norse god of thunder. I could pass for Greek, but definitely not Norse.[/b][/quote]Erik, you're a Norse of a different colour -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

Yeah I like these ideas. You guys should seriously consider which god you would like to be and then study their attributes so that you can channel, I mean, emulate them. Imagine yourself onstage,in a huge arena, playing to a crowd of thousands, NOW, become that god.

[quote]Originally posted by Dwarf: [b] [quote]Originally posted by CMDN: [b]Um... Wewus... Zeus is Greek. You might be thinking of Thor, who is the Norse god of thunder. I could pass for Greek, but definitely not Norse.[/b][/quote]Erik, you're a Norse of a different colour -- Rob[/b][/quote]That's the stupidest thing I've read in the last five minutes. Did I kick you out of the band yet?

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b][b]I'm not an animal I'm a man, er god[/b] [img]http://www.siamese-dream.com/images/stationary/hindu_journals/Thumbnmails/Ganesha.jpg[/img][/b][/quote]It's good ol' Gonesh! Hey, Weewus...I think you've been doing guest spots on too many George Harrison CDs. But, you're gonna have to find another job now.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Here's some rules regarding band membership: [list=1] [*]Any male members who wear a dress are out of the band. I'm sure you know why this is so important [*]Anyone who drives a 1975 Volvo is out of the band [*]Anyone who shows up for practice more than 29 seconds late is out of the band [*]Anyone who owns a Barry Manilow record, CD, or tape is out of the band [*]Anyone who refers to the Monkees as musicians is out of the band, when talking about this group they will be called The MotherFucking Monkees [*]Anyone who fails to preface my name with Lord is out of the band [/list] These are just a few rules to start out. I'll post more as they occur to me. Peace Out, Dawg,- [b]Lord Vishnu[/b]

Is Lord Wewus ok?

"Meat is the only thing you need beside beer! Big hunks of meat and BEER!!...Lots of freakin' BEER."

"Hey, I'm not Jesus Christ, I can't turn water into wine. The best I can do is turn beer into urine." Zakk Wylde

http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_109.gif

Eh... Lord Wewus Vishnu... (or should it be "Lord Wewushnu"... "Lord Vishwus?") I gotta add some more rules: 8. Anyone who doesn't need more cowbell is out of the band. 9. Anyone who wears tie dyes is out of the band. 10. Anyone who wears spandex is out of the band. 11. Anyone who fails to recognize the brilliance of Three Dog Night, Mountain, Spirit and Grand Funk Railroad is out of the band. 12. Anyone who has big hair is out of the band (and they'll also be smitten with a thunderbolt.) 13. Anyone playing pointy instruments is out of the band. 14. Anyone who drives a VW Jetta (any year) is out of the band Please continue. All hail Zeus, god of thunder.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

I like those rules, Lord Vishnu and Lord Zeus. Here are a couple more: 1. Anyone who likes anything that Phil collins has recorded in the last two decades ... out. 2. Anyone who considers Frampton comes alive as thier favorite album ... out. 3. Giants fans ... out. 4. Anyone who can't hang with the twelve bar blues ... stoned, then kicked out. 5. Anyone that refers to Britney Spears an Artist. 6. Anyone who ever utters the phrase "The artist formerly known as ..." unless it is immediately followed by the word talented. 7. Anyone who thinks an oxymoron is a dumb ox driver. 8. Anyone in the Taliban. 9. Kip Winger. Flogged, disembowled, then kicked out. 10. Anyone who has ever sung along or hummed with "I got you, Babe" Sincerly, The Lord Set
I really don't know what to put here.

Of course, those rules are great and all, but the band must be able to jam. With thundering ferocity and skill unmatched by no other. Can roadies wear tiedye? They aren't actually part of the band... Here are some of mine, though: 1. Anyone caught singing along to "your body is a wonderland" is to be hung, shot, then kicked out of the band. 2. Anyone caught not participating in the ritualistic self-worship before any performance is to be kicked out of the band. 3. Anyone thought to be in possession of nsync or any other boy band will be burned with the fire of a thousand suns. And then kicked out of the band. 4. Anyone caught speaking in a manner inconsistent with giving props to the great Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel will be stoned ( :freak: ), hung, then shot and kicked out of the band. 5. Anyone not letting the roadies participate in the after-show festivities will be kicked out of the band and banished to their respective underworlds. I think those rules should clear a few things up.

[quote]Originally posted by dBunny: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Lord Sylver: [b]3. Giants fans ... out.[/b][/quote]Football, or baseball? (remember, I live in the SF Bay Area)[/b][/quote]I don't care about baseball. Keep the SF Giants. The NY Giants gotta go.
I really don't know what to put here.

• 11 months later...
not really gauss. I think you're pretty much onboard if you want to be. It's a seminal project, and you certainly qualify. I'm having some bizzare dreams about this band. Last night I was playing The Tull song Locomotive Breath, which I do know how to play, and it sounded really good.

Archived