Jump to content


Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Gods Of Rock @ 2002 by TheWewus


Recommended Posts

My friend dbunny was talking about starting an SSS band and about that same time me and CMDN were talking about forming a band called [b]The Gods Of Rock[/b] with the theme of gigantic instruments, costumes, over the top live production, etc. I propose that the Gods Of Rock BE an SSS band with rotating membership involving anyone who is a.interested and b.good enough. Yeah this is crazy but it could turn into something worthwhile. First order of business: [b]CHOOSE THE GODS TO REPRESENT[/b] in this pantheon of extravagance. You can use any known mythology or religious tradition but please exclude such popular figures as Jesus, The Buddha, The Dahli Lama, etc., just use common sense.
Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]My friend dbunny was talking about starting an SSS band and about that same time me and CMDN were talking about forming a band called [b]The Gods Of Rock[/b] with the theme of gigantic instruments, costumes, over the top live production, etc. I propose that the Gods Of Rock BE an SSS band with rotating membership involving anyone who is a.interested and b.good enough. Yeah this is crazy but it could turn into something worthwhile. First order of business: [b]CHOOSE THE GODS TO REPRESENT[/b] in this pantheon of extravagance. You can use any known mythology or religious tradition but please exclude such popular figures as Jesus, The Buddha, The Dahli Lama, etc., just use common sense.[/b][/quote]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, mine's obviously already been chosen: Zeus, God Of Thunder DUH. I would have also accepted Shiva The Destroyer, Yog Yosoth or Imanhotep or however you spell that. Whatever... I'm a frickin' deity, I don't need spelling skills.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't ask. Alright I'll tell you. Why do I keep quoting myself right after I make a post? I was trying to hit the edit button and instead I hit the quote button. I did it by accident a couple of times and then I just kept doing it because I'm a postaholic, gear lusting, cockmother. Sue me.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Don't ask. Alright I'll tell you. Why do I keep quoting myself right after I make a post? I was trying to hit the edit button and instead I hit the quote button. I did it by accident a couple of times and then I just kept doing it because I'm a postaholic, gear lusting, cockmother. Sue me.[/b][/quote]DOH!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b] [quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Don't ask. Alright I'll tell you. Why do I keep quoting myself right after I make a post? I was trying to hit the edit button and instead I hit the quote button. I did it by accident a couple of times and then I just kept doing it because I'm a postaholic, gear lusting, cockmother. Sue me.[/b][/quote]DOH![/b][/quote]But Eric I have to point this out. You don't really have a Nordic look about you. Of course this could be overcome with make-up but perhaps there's a Jewish version of Zeus.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Um... Wewus... Zeus is Greek. You might be thinking of Thor, who is the Norse god of thunder. I could pass for Greek, but definitely not Norse.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote]Originally posted by CMDN: [b]Um... Wewus... Zeus is Greek. You might be thinking of Thor, who is the Norse god of thunder. I could pass for Greek, but definitely not Norse.[/b][/quote]Or, you could come onstage as a burning bush. Hey, come to think of it, that wouldn't be a bad name for a band...kind of a cross between Burning Spear and Bush...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wewus... If I may. You might wanna consider Vishnu. He's preserver of the universe according to the Hindus. You are preserver of the threads here... See the correlation? Hmm?

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote]Originally posted by CMDN: [b]Wewus... If I may. You might wanna consider Vishnu. He's preserver of the universe according to the Hindus. You are preserver of the threads here... See the correlation? Hmm?[/b][/quote]That's a good suggestion, I'll go with that. What really sold me was this: Lord Vishnus consort is the Goddess Lakshmi, the Goddess of Wealth and Fortune.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I have to step in here and claim rights to Thor, Norse God of Thunder, as previously mentioned. You see, I AM Norwegian, as evidenced by my purely Norse family name: [b]Knutson.[/b] So, in true Jimmy Page fashion, I shall play Thunder-of-the-Gods electric guitar. You may now call me Thor, and bow down before my monolithic half-stack! :p
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote]Originally posted by dBunny: [b]So, in true Jimmy Page fashion, I shall play Thunder-of-the-Gods electric guitar. You may now call me Thor, and bow down before my monolithic half-stack! :p [/b][/quote]You're just swimming in my wake! :p
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is classic. This band was just started a few hours ago, and we already have in-fighting between members! Rock'n'Roll! Khan, what I'm doing back here is attempting to waterski, but your wake is so weak I can't even catch any air. Can't your boat go any faster? What is that, a 3-horse-power outboard raft motor? This is more like a [i]funeral wake[/i], if you asked me! Sorry, Charlie! :p
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote]Originally posted by KHAN: [b]I will be CHARLIE, chicken of the sea. And dBunny will still be swimming in my wake! :eek: [/b][/quote]First of all, Charlie Tuna is not a god, [b]AND..............................[/b] I hate to say this, but you're out of the band for pissing off bunny.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote]Originally posted by dBunny: [b]This has GOT to be a new world record. Wewus started this band at 9:20am, and by 6:57pm Khan has already managed to get kicked out! Before the first rehearsal, even! That guy works FAST! :p [/b][/quote]I've been kicked out of bands faster than that, you wake swimmer you! :D
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...