Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

my Triton is acting funny...

JimmyJimJim

Word up, i've been around here a while but lost my password and had to re-register...grrr...

Need some advice on what is up with my Triton Le61. I went to use it the other day and set it up like normal, but when i went to use the damper pedal, instead of working like normal it did something real strange... detuned the whole board by about 1/8 of a tone. Went to the pedal assignment to see if someone had messed with it: it was fine. Looked all over the bloody thing for controller assignments (man i hate Korgs) which could be acting funny but couldn't find anything. Tried a different pedal, same result. Tried different patches. Tried factory resets, although what i was doing (restarting the board while holding down enter and 0 or something) mighta just been a patch reset. No luck with anything.

Any ideas to what it might be? I was getting the impression that it might actually be a weird electrical fault, although i have no idea why...

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers

Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:P Heh.

Yep i'm sure it's the damper not exp. Sorry i might come across as stupid, i just don't know my way around Korgs so good!

What it's doing doesn't even sound like any kind of effect or expression that would normally be used anyway, it just sounds bung... like a sick organ or something. But it's in real mint condition. Maybe someone dunked it in a pool but didn't tell me.

Is there any factory reset of all parameters? Like i said, i tried resetting but the manual sucks and i think i was just resetting the patches.

Just using the standard Korg pedal it came with (can't remember the model number) and also tried woteva else i had sitting round - a Kurzweil one i think - with the same result. Meh, it's a strange one! I'll try beating it with a stick.

weird..

i've used several tritons, but never heard of such a bug. :freak:

check your complete controller assignments, no matter if its connected with pedal operation. anything at all that has to do with osc pitch - elimination method. you may discover something you never thought of. that's usual case scenario when one of my synths starts acting crazy against all known logic.

http://www.babic.com - music for film/theatre, audio-post

I recently had a problem with my Triton Pro: whenever I applied too much pressure to any key, the sound cut out completely on the entire keyboard. I looked at my global settings for velocity and aftertouch, but couldnt find anything unusual. The only way to get the sound back was to turn off the Triton then restart it. After being annoyed with it I called Korg at 631-390-8737. They suggested that I reinstall the OS. On the Triton its relatively simple but you need the disk that came with the Triton, which is available at the Korg website if you cant find it.

• 4 weeks later...
So i finally solved this: the x axis on the bender hasn't been working for ages (i assumed someone had turned it off, i don't use it anyway) and for some reason the damper is controlling this parameter - so i sorted it by turning the x-axis control off for each patch i use (which takes bloody ages!) But i still can't work out: why the hell is my pedal controlling the pitch bender? The pedal isn't assigned to pitch bend, and vice-versa the bender isn't set to be controlled by the pedal! Weird... any thoughts? :confused:

Yes - take it in for service. It sounds like it needs some help. Some things you can't fix for yourself...

Regards,

Jerry

Originally posted by JimmyJimJim:

So i finally solved this: the x axis on the bender hasn't been working for ages (i assumed someone had turned it off, i don't use it anyway) and for some reason the damper is controlling this parameter - so i sorted it by turning the x-axis control off for each patch i use (which takes bloody ages!) But i still can't work out: why the hell is my pedal controlling the pitch bender? The pedal isn't assigned to pitch bend, and vice-versa the bender isn't set to be controlled by the pedal! Weird... any thoughts? :confused:

Nah i've tried it hooked up to nothing, same result. I think jerry's hit the nail on the head: after about a month of screwing around i'm gonna take it to a tech dude! not that Korg have any REAL support in my country :rolleyes:

Cheers tho guys, i'll keep postin if i sort it out... i'm interested to see what's the deal!

Wyrd. :thu:

Archived