Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

tap tempo for arpeggiators?

benk

Hi there,

I'm looking to buy a new keyboard to use just for gigging in my band. We play all sorts of rock from poppy stuff to dark synth stuff, so I need a variety of sounds I'm thinking of getting an S90 because it has such good press, but from reading the manual there doesn't seem to be any way to do tap tempo to affect the arpeggiator. I need this so I can play arpegiated sounds in time to our drummer. Does anyone know of a synth which has the capacity (I don't want to have to add an external midi controller)? Any advice for other synths in the same price range I should consider? I was interested in a Triton but by all accounts the pianos are terrible. I am very jealous of the well set up folks out there who are using a Triton together with an S90!

Cheers,

Ben

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum, benk. Not sure if the S90 supports timing via MIDI Time Clock, but the Motif does... I've been looking into this product from Ploytec , which is sold through the "Motifator" website (under Cases/Accessories).

I'm in no way affiliated with this product, or Motifator.com... I just picked up a brand spankin' new Motif ES7, though, and came across this product. I think it's been discussed on this forum... maybe do a search for Ploytec, or 34One, or "tap tempo".

Hope this helps,

SG

Archived