Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KORG TRITON EXTREME & YAMAHA MOTIF ES

Waynester

Hi everyone, bought a ROLAND FANTOM X8 last week, and been to the store today here in the UK where i live, was in there 4 hours !!!!!!!

the salesman was kinda getting pissed off, ha ha ha

tried the KORG TRITON EXTREME and YAMAHA MOTIF ES.. :thu:

Theres been loads of debates on here about the 2 boards.. here is my 20 cents worth

Acoustic Instruments = MOTIF ES wins hands down

Pads and Leads = KORG TRITON hands down !

ELectric Pianos and Pianos = MOTIF ES, no competition!

Clavs etc - MOTIF ES

Strings - difficult! choose the Motif ES

Organs - a tie !!! couldnt decide

Brass - couldnt decide

Anyway, i walked out the shop with a YAMAHA MOTIF ES7 !

I play professionally in a Bon Jovi Tribute band, so the Korg Extreme for me had way too much dancy techno crap loops etc on it, so its no good to me, the sounds are alright, but take the effects off and it`s Weak! i still to this day prefer my Korg TR Rack! though the PADS and swirly stuff was VERY nice on the EXTREME, that tube inside is (to me) kind of a gimic ! though YES it does change the sound of each patch on the keyboard..

so along with the FANTOM X8 and MOTIF ES7 im a very happy chappy :D

Roland Fantom X8 (SRX-04, SRX-07, SRX-11, SRX-12) - Yamaha Motif ES7 - Kawai MP11 - Hammond XK-1C - Korg TR Rack - Korg SG Rack - Quiklok Z72 - Quiklok SL930 - Electrovoice SXA360's

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well maybe i`m Biased, i HAVE tried ALL these Keyboards, and in MY opinion the FANTOM X is phenomenal ! NOTHING can touch the Pianos or EP`s, strings are good, infact a lot of the stuff is good, acoustic guitars are unbelievable!

enuff said! :wave:

Roland Fantom X8 (SRX-04, SRX-07, SRX-11, SRX-12) - Yamaha Motif ES7 - Kawai MP11 - Hammond XK-1C - Korg TR Rack - Korg SG Rack - Quiklok Z72 - Quiklok SL930 - Electrovoice SXA360's

Originally posted by BonGioviPlayer:

Well maybe i`m Biased, i HAVE tried ALL these Keyboards, and in MY opinion the FANTOM X is phenomenal ! NOTHING can touch the Pianos or EP`s, strings are good, infact a lot of the stuff is good, acoustic guitars are unbelievable!

enuff said! :wave:

That´s the great thing today; most synths are so good it´s more a matter of taste than actual differences in sound quality. It seems Korg have slipped behind a bit in the Piano department now, perhaps they´ll upgrade soon. Personally, I´m hoping for a Motif ES rack with 256 voices, 1GB sample RAM, internal 40GB HD, dual MIDI ports, USB, Firewire, MLan and the ability to make coffe while re-sampling! :rolleyes:

I think you made the right decision...the Motif ES complements the Fantom X better than the Triton in my opinion. Now if it were me, I'd pop SRX-07 in that Fantom X for my Hammond/Leslie sounds...if these sounds are important to you and you're not getting a clone, that is. Be sure to audition this expansion board...see what you think.

Fantastic ! i desperately need BETTER Organs or MORE variety of Organs than what i have on the FANTOM X so is that SRX 07 board really good then ?

I am selling my ROLAND JV1080 on Ebay if anyones interested ? along with sum other gear, then i can buy 1 SRX board which gives me all the patches from 3 of the expansion boards in my JV1080

Heres my gear for sale

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZwayneleeharrisQQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1

Originally posted by BonGioviPlayer:

...so is that SRX 07 board really good then ?

yes

Actually, if you have the 60's-70's board in your 1080, that's pretty much what you're getting in Hammonds, Voxes, Wurlies, Rhodes, Clavs, and Mellotron sounds. It's also full of Vintage Synth patches.

Archived