Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any advice on what I should test on X8 before I buy?

jcmedo80

Hey, as most of you are are already aware, I am buying the Fantom X8 this coming Friday in Hong Kong. I was just wondering if anyone might have any sugegstions on what I should test/check on it before my purchase just in case there is something I have missed to test??

thanks,

James - Sydney, Australia

Equipment: Roland Fantom X8 with expansions Platinum Traxx, Supreme Dance, Orchestra, and Ultimate Keys. Behringer 2031B monitors, Apex AX48B (silver) stand

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for your reply..

Yeah I believe I will be happy with it.

If you have any advice on what I should check out on the x8, testing it making sure all is okay with it before i buy please let me know. I heard on other forums that there was some mainboard problem and operating system etc. i just need to make sure i will have the latest "bug'free" synth. I think it will be okay though.

any ideas? or recommendations

Equipment: Roland Fantom X8 with expansions Platinum Traxx, Supreme Dance, Orchestra, and Ultimate Keys. Behringer 2031B monitors, Apex AX48B (silver) stand

James,

If I were you, I'd set it up at the music store at standard grand piano height (29" floor to keys, 19" floor to seat) and make sure you are happy with the action. I bought one recently and returned it after playing it for a few days, because the action was causing me to have some unusual muscle tension. The return action is too forceful in my opinion, much more forceful than a real piano, and that causes you to have to continue to hold down the notes once they are down, unlike a real piano action. I traded mine for a Motif ES, and I really like the action.

--Wes

Wes Lachot Design

http://weslachot.com

hmm, thats an interesting one, i will do that..

i found it relatively okay to play, feels much better than the extreme weighted version.. but i will check that out, thanks Wes

Archived