Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

From The Holy Land ... In Utah ... Mp3's By Solo Artist Jesse Michael Garcia

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesse? No one is fooled we all know you have been "accidentally" posting your mp3s all over the site for some time now.

There are better ways to get your music out there than alienating the entire forum with inappropriate posts. Think a little longer term...

Jesse, one word: Autotune.

Use it, love it, be it. You're about a quartertone off for the entire duration of all three songs. Adding a light chorus/flange/sonic maximizer is not helping things.

Also, re: rhythm, it helps to actually be listening to the song while recording vocals.

"For instance" is not proof.

What's so crappy about this music is that it isn't even funny to listen to. Whether it is intended as actual music or a joke, it's equally pitiful. It kind of reminds me of when you go to a coffee house on a Tuesday night and it's open mic night and some recently divorced, failed assistant bank manager with a Squier strat gets up and humiliates himself for 10 minutes while everybody squirms in their seat.

Since "the legend" posted this crap here immediately after being informed by Dave that it is inappropriate to do so outside the mp3 thread I vote he be banned.

Originally posted by synthetic:

[QB]I think the best piece of gear that you can pick up for yourself would be all-temperture Cheer. It will wash those tomatos and eggs out of your clothes after a gig.

[QB]

... another thing he could buy would be some pliers, or a very sharp knife to go cut the power leads to all his gear, and his guitar strings... then maybe his ne...

:D

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by ELP71:

Please mods - don't lock this thread.

No problem. :D

BTW - my name isn't mods, it's Dave. ;)

dB

Sorry, Dave. I wasn't sure if you moderated the other boards here.

This is too entertaining to let die.

Weasels ripped my flesh. Rzzzzzzz.

It seems to me that autotune would be hopelessly lost trying to deal with that vocal. The results may still be preferable, however.

I just listened again, and it seems that we've all missed the genius of the song on first listen. After careful analysis, I've determined that it's in two very odd mixed time signatures, utilising a 39-tone scale. The synergy of 20th-century compositon in a pop format is a brave new format. I hear shades of Pendereky in the second movement, as it builds to add new tones to the scale. I'll think we'll all be hearing a lot more from this budding maestro in the music press. Thank you for adding a refreshing new dimension to the pop landscape.

:bor:

Well, just because my curiosity was piqued, I checked out Mr. Garcia's latest ditty, "Thats(sic) Right...I Said F*** You"; his grasp of polyrhythms is almost beyond comprehension. The way his vocals weave an abstract pattern of arhythmic slop around the brutal assault of buzzsaw powerchord mania left me breathless. Really, I can't breathe currently...oh, wait, that's my asthma acting up. WHEW!

To say nothing of the eloquent wordsmithery... :freak:

Archived