Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

name of a tune ... Cole Porter???

Dave Horne

I think that part of the lyrics is 'I think that I'm in love again'. I have the feeling it's written by Cole Porter but the title escapes me.

Any ideas? If I could narrow down who recorded it, it would make finding it easier'. TIA, Dave

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by daviel:

Is it "I wish I were in Love again" Rogers and Hart from a musical 'Babes in Arms' ? I know Frank Sinatra recorded it.

That's the one, thank you!!!! I'm adding more tunes to my own personal fake books and I had that melody going through my head and it was driving me crazy. Thank you!

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Originally posted by analogman1:

Hi Dave...

Speaking of Cole Porter...did you see the movie out recently, "De Lovely"?? It was his life story. I thought it was very well done....

Big T

I'll see it when it comes here. We're only a month or two behind you guys with films. He certainly wrote a lot of great music.

Originally posted by analogman1:

Hi Dave...

Speaking of Cole Porter...did you see the movie out recently, "De Lovely"?? It was his life story. I thought it was very well done....

Big T

I worked a job about six or seven years ago at a local theater and the manager gave me a book about Cole Porter - Travels with Cole Porter. I really wasn't into Cole Porter back then and gave the book to my in-laws. Well, since there seems be a bit of a revival of Cole Porter I borrowed back the book I gave to them. There's about 300 duotone photos in the book and a fair amount of writing. Interesting times back then - folks would dress up to travel by plane.

I am looking forward to seeing that film when it arrives here.

Archived