Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil's New Owner??

Zroll1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add this to the list of companies Apple is rumored to be purchasing:

Apogee

MOTU

Kurzweil

Look, Apple doesn't make their own printers (they used to) or add on hard drives (they used to as well) or graphics boards. Doesn't it make sense that they would try to find things that they could sell with EVERY mac purchased, vs. every 500 or 1,000? The biggest success they've have in recent years has been the iPod. That's what they'd like to see repeated.

There is as much chance of Apple buying Kurzweil as there is of them buying Kohler (hey they make nice toilets).

Busch.

Yeah, I agree with MusicPlayer.

I just looked at some other rumor sites, and most of them had people asking about Apple Computers buying Kurzweil Music Systems. They had to have gotten their information somewhere!

Sorry to tick off the Kurzweil fans, but I am currently using a Powerbook live and it is better sounding, has a far better interface, is lighter/more compact, has greater variety of synth technologies and is vastly more flexible and powerful than any Kurzweil synth ever made. Why in the world would Apple, of all people, be interested in 10+ year old hardware sampler/synth technology?

Go over to the DUC and other audio forums and you'll find equally compelling rumors regarding Apogee, MOTU and many others.

Busch.

In 1984, Kurzweil and the Macintosh came out together. They were both great innovators and were integrated to work with each other. Maybe Apple is now thinking of saving Kurzweil from its current situation and bringing it back to the forefront of the music industry.

It's interesting that I visited some Apple sites I know of and on each one there was a message on the board from a newly registered member saying, "I saw people talking about Apple buying Kurzweil on some other Apple sites, whattya think?", but never a link to the site where it all started. While anything's possible it is quite possibly the fishiest-looking story I've ever run across. :D

Who knows, maybe it's the guys at Kurzweil starting the rumor, desperately hoping to set off a chain reaction that leads all the way to Cupertino. If so...good luck! I'd love to see it happen!

"Who knows, maybe it's the guys at Kurzweil starting the rumor, desperately hoping to set off a chain reaction that leads all the way to Cupertino."

If it is a desperate effort by Kuzweil to join up with Apple, then I'm willing to go all the way with it. Kurzweil is one of the best music corporations out there, and Apple is gaining power by the second. If these two companies joined, the results would be phenomenal!!! I can't wait for the iSynthesizers!!!

Spread the News!!!!!!!!!

Over the years there had been rumours that Apple was going to buy Alias/Wavefront's Maya....last year Alias/Wavefront split into two companies and sold Alias...again Apple was rumoured to be the buyer but it turned out to be a private investment firm...but there are also rumours that Apple is buying up companies through third-party "private investment firms" ;)

I really hope Apple doesn't buy Kurzweil...I see Apple as gearing towards the non-musician in most of their newer music offereings barring Logic. I'd hate to see Kurzweil turned into another dance/hiphop centric keyboard company like Roland! I have a feeling V.A.S.T. would get dumped down the drain and instead we would see a big "make music" button :(

If any of the bigger music companies were to take over Kurzweil I think I would like it to be Yamaha...just run Kurzweil as a seperate division :)

Apple is a monopoly...not only do they create their own hardware, but they create the OS, and they also create software to run under their OS, in machines with their hardware....now tell me again why Microsoft is the big baddie! Got one of my PCs here running Linux with open source apps installed....nothing Microsoft on it at all, try running a Mac with nothing Apple on it ;)

Guess I opened myself up to some shots from the cult now ;)

Darkon the Incandescent

http://www.billheins.com/

Hail Vibrania!

I really hope Apple doesn't buy Kurzweil...I see Apple as gearing towards the non-musician in most of their newer music offereings barring Logic. I'd hate to see Kurzweil turned into another dance/hiphop centric keyboard company like Roland! I have a feeling V.A.S.T. would get dumped down the drain and instead we would see a big "make music" button

Horrors! Please say it will never happen like that! :eek:
When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

"I see Apple as gearing towards the non-musician in most of their newer music offereings barring Logic. I'd hate to see Kurzweil turned into another dance/hiphop centric keyboard company like Roland! I have a feeling V.A.S.T. would get dumped down the drain and instead we would see a big "make music" button"

I do understand where you're comin' from, but I also think that Apple could, and should make some other improvements to Kurzweil. I would like to see Apple keep Kurzweil the way it is, but just increase it's integration with the Mac (Not to mention color).

Archived