Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

E-mu Proteus X

zeronyne

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Video: http://trio.harmony-central.com/ramgen/117AES/EMU-Proteus-X.rm

You can get a 8 Gb Vintage Synth/Keys :

E-mu systems has announced that its new three volume Vintage X Pro sound library is now shipping, offering Emulator X and Proteus X owners a collection of over 8 GB of classic synthesizers and keyboards on 11 CD-ROMs.

Each synthesizer and keyboard has been sampled and mapped to the Emulator X and Proteus X patchcord modulation matrix, providing quick real-time control over filters, envelopes, oscillator layers, and much more.

Vintage X Pro Volume One (4 CD-ROMs) Includes: ARP 2600, ARP Axxe, Roland JD800, Roland Jupiter 8, Roland JX8P, Memory Moog, Mini Moog, Percs and Noise, Sequential Circuits Prophet 10, Sequential Circuits Prophet 600, and Moog Taurus Pedals

Vintage X Pro Volume Two (4 CD-ROMs) Includes: Elka Rhapsody, E-MU Modular, Oberheim OB-Xa, Roland Juno 60, Mellotron, Millennium Collection (a bank of modern digital synths), Korg MS-20 FX & Percussion, ARP Solina Strings, and Roland TB303

Vintage X Pro Volume Three (3 CD-ROMs) Includes: Hammond B3, Hohner Clavinet, Yamaha CP-70, Rhodes Electric Piano, Wurlitzer Electric Piano

The Vintage X Pro Collection can be purchased as three separate volumes at an estimated U.S. street price of $99.99 each, or as a complete collection at an estimated U.S. street price of $199.99

Morten

Access Virus TI keyboard,Alesis ION,Yamaha Motif ES 6,Roland Fantom XR.

Is this Proteus X for real? Why is it so cheap, why does it look so easy to use, why is it not listed on E-mu's website, and how can they state that it works with giga CDs. Isn't that illegal?

:confused:

It's been bugging me so I had to ask. If it's somebody's photoshop creation, good job!

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

all the work for it has been done for years, they're just trying to squeeze every last little bit out of it they can. it's a great idea.

if i can use the softsynth without having to use the audio card, i'll probably get it.

i'm out of pci slots and like the card i'm using now.

• 2 months later...

i'd love to get one of these, but i have a soundcard i'm very staisfied with (aardvark direct pro 24/96), and it sounds like i'd have to take it out and use the included card in order to be able to use the sounds.

i've asked on quite a few forums, but haven't gotten a solid answer. guess it's time to e-mail support.

http://www.emu.com/

My package (proteus X) is coming in the next few days.

I'll let you know if I can fire it up with my Tascam USB interface.

It seems like you might be able to - I read the online manual and it says you can select your sound output, as well as drivers. My guess is ASIO has the least latency.

I need their cheap 404 stereo soundcard like I need a hole in my head. But the app package looks great. For the price of a second hand proteus module, you get all The proteus 2000 sounds plus all those other sampled sounds (Vintage keys, etc). I ordered the extra sound CD's package for $200.

It also has a much more user friendly graphical interface than the proteus modules. Maybe I could program the Tascams faders to control parameters.

I give you my report, if I ever wanna stop playing the think. Talk to you in a week or so.

Archived