Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Strange dream

Magpel

I dreamt that Paul McCartney died...in a boxing match. I was there. I saw it all. It was round 2--or in any case, not the first round--and he was fighting against a classically cut heavyweight. The blow came brutally fast. Paul's hands were all out of position, and the heavyweight wound up and punched him through the ropes. I knew it was bad. I heard later, while in a comic book store, that he had died.

The unspoken subtext of the dream was that Paul was, in fact, a prizefighter, and presumably a pretty good one in his day (he is Paul McCartney after all) but that it was very ill-advised for him to still be fighting.

For some reason, I think the dream is related to that poor girl who was killed by the Boston police during the celebrations near Fenway.

Carry on...

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmmmm...I once had a dream about offering Heather Graham a ripe banana while she was sitting on a Fender Rhodes suitcase piano, while working Moog bass pedals in black leather stiletto heels. Wonder what that means???.....

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

I would interpret the dream to symbolized that the glory days of pop music where Paul McCartney dominated are being ushered out by the new (and disposable) pop music of today.

Kirk

Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

Originally posted by Ed Coury:

hmmmm...I once had a dream about offering Heather Graham a ripe banana while she was sitting on a Fender Rhodes suitcase piano, while working Moog bass pedals in black leather stiletto heels. Wonder what that means???.....

Ed, it means you're not getting enough. ;)

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

I don't know if it's the same in the USA, but in Europe, there's this tradition that dreaming of someone's death will actually bring long life to him/her (the dreamed person, not the dreaming one).

BTW - I met someone from Paul's band about 14 years ago. He told me that Paul is a really nice guy, not at all blinded by superstardom.

I had a weird one several months ago. I mentioned it on a thread similar to this one, but it was such a cool dream, here goes again: I'm working with a band in the studio. They bring in some vocal tracks that they had recorded at their place. The problem is, their vocals were recorded on to celery. My dilemma is trying to figure out how to digitally extract the vocal tracks out of the celery and get them in to DP. While in my studio, they were tossing around names for their band when I suggest, The Stalkers. Man what kind of dream is that!? Ive been trying to get my kid to call his band The Stalkers ever since.

Originally posted by Magpel:

LOL!! LOL!! Recorded onto Celery! I can just see myself having a dream like that. That's hilarious.

:D That is hilarious. Reminds me of a line "let the Tall Stalks RISE!" in a gospel tune that my choir just can't sing without cracking up.
"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

I dreamed someone set a drink on my Wurlie and had an ashtray in his other hand. I didn't want to risk him setting that ashtray down before I could get my gun out of my coat pocket and shoot him. So I just leaped over my stack and decked the guy. When I looked down I saw it was "the cute Beatle". You know - the one people call, Sir.

Heather Graham consoled me for my untoward move against Queen and Country.

• 5 months later...

Had a really strange one last night but understand it's real hard to describe. I dreamt I brought this new keyboard I purchased to a party. It's a Roland and I remember telling someone I never owned a Roland synth before. I was showing someone the remote control which was an orb of some sort the size of a baseball which felt very solid and hi tech. Thick plexiglaass -black except where the glowing laser type light was displayinng values of some kind. I pulled up one of these rap type loops and think I was disappointed but hopeful if that makes any sense. (I might be filling in missing pieces here). I do remember thinking why did I buy this?

The main keyboard unit had an interface panel that was unreal. It almost looked like the "Life" game board (at least color wise) with all kinds of bright colors and plastic shrubs/trees and very scenic. In the middle was a section filled with some goopy liquid with some wormy type things in it that I believe you would swish around to change the sound.

That recording on celery reminds me of a technological dream I had when I was 13 or so. I dreamed that I had a coal-fired color television set, basically a conventional TV set with a firebox on the back. In the front of the firebox was a huge bank of thermocouples hooked in series and parallel. It was really smoky, and it was a pain shovelling in fresh coal and raking hot cinders out, but it worked in the dream. Beat the heck out of pedalling a generator!

I had a dream many years ago about finding a discarded Hammond organ and fixing it up, too. Didn't know anything about their real workings then. The one in the dream had a lot more tubes in it than a real Hammond.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Archived