Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

It's a Christmas tradition...

Everyone has their own way of celebrating the holidays. Here's mine. I start drinking a bottle of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum (private stock... that silver stuff)around noon, then take a nap until about 9pm. I wake up, finish the bottle and call all my ex-girlfriends to see if any will come by later. Then all my friends who are in town from college come over and we play 007, smoke stinky cigars, and drink more rum until they pass out. Around 2am, any one of 3 ex-girlfriends come by and I listen to her bitch about her mom, then we engage in sloppy drunken sex, until one of us passes out. Aaahhh... The Holidays... anyone care to share any unconventional Christmas traditions?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uhmmm, I guess you could say our tradition of going to an evening service at a local Church and then spending the rest of the evening playing old fashioned board games sounds a bit trite, huh? Well, only if I'm not working.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

[quote]Originally posted by The Tedster of Christmas Present: [b]Uhmmm, I guess you could say our tradition of going to an evening service at a local Church and then spending the rest of the evening playing old fashioned board games sounds a bit trite, huh?[/b][/quote]Not if you have to drink a shot whenever you roll a 7 or 11. :freak:
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

sorry - no drunken or unusual traditions. Christmas Eve Mass, go to Pops, come home and set up for my kids (now 21 & 18). Christmas - Open presents, have in-laws over for breakfast, watch a movie, go to in-laws for antipasta, soup, lasagna, dessert, come home to sleep. A great day !! Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

[quote]Originally posted by no-self-KHAN-troll: [b] [quote]Originally posted by The Tedster of Christmas Present: [b]Uhmmm, I guess you could say our tradition of going to an evening service at a local Church and then spending the rest of the evening playing old fashioned board games sounds a bit trite, huh?[/b][/quote]Not if you have to drink a shot whenever you roll a 7 or 11. :freak: [/b][/quote]Actually, tonight, my daughter and I played some acoustic guitar Christmas Carols. Then, I made some Wassail, a hot drink consisting of baked apples, apple juice, ale, brandy, and spices (depending on the recipe)... "Here we come a wassailing among the leaves so green Here we come a wanderin' so fair to be seen Love and joy, come to you, And to you your wassail too, And God bless you and send you a happy New Year And God send you a happy New Year. It's got to do with the whole "Ghost of Christmas Present" thing. That guy was a partying dude. I like the whole thing of Caroling from house to house on a snowy night, and at each house they invite you in for some hot wassail. You'd be pretty hard pressed to not be staggering at the end of the night... So, I had a few hot mugs of wassail, ended up passing out for awhile in the recliner, woke up to help the Debster finish wrapping presents. Merry Christmas!
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

[quote]Originally posted by Tom Capasso: [b]sorry - no drunken or unusual traditions. Christmas Eve Mass, go to Pops, come home and set up for my kids (now 21 & 18). Christmas - Open presents, have in-laws over for breakfast, watch a movie, go to in-laws for antipasta, soup, lasagna, dessert, come home to sleep. A great day !! Tom[/b][/quote]Same as Tom's essentially ... except lasagna and antipasta, which I must add from now on! Last Eve's drink-a-bunch thing was ... oh .. sophomore college I guess. MERRY CHRISTMAS, ALL !!!
-- Music has miracle potential --

Archived