Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

getting a new keyboard!

rodroddy

I am in the market for a new keyboard and i am torn between the Yamaha P250 or the Roland Fantom 88x. I like playing the piano mainly but I would appreciate the extra functions(for writing and recording) that the Fantom offers. Any feedback?

rod

Rod Roddy

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rodroddy,

i had the P-250 for 6 months.It is a great piano but i sold it for an S90 because i like the S90 pianos and Rhodes sounds (much) better.

But if i could do it over again, it was an ES8 for me.

The Fantom X8 is also a great board but you should try the ES8 before you buy.

I have not played the P90 so I can't comment on that model, but I own a P250 and am happy with how that was on jobs. I also played the Roland PF700 and would recommend that stage piano as well. Korg pianos always seem to not get mentioned here, but it might be worth checking them out as well(?).

Regarding the P90, when was that introduced? Were the various models of the P series introduced sequentially? The P60, then the P90 and so forth? (Forgive my ignorance, I only quite recently became interested in the Yamaha P series.)

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Archived