Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Holiday Greetings

gangsu

It's Thanksgiving Weekend here in Canada. I just finished my first ever venture in home canning. After sweating over the stove for 2 days, I've got 6 little pints of spiced crabapples cooling off on the counter! Wow. :wave:
"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sue:

When I saw your thread saying a Holiday Greeting, I thought you were referring to Halloween, and were celebrating an "early Halloween", which reminds me of my home furnishings. :D

After I read your post, then I remembered that in Canada, you do things differently then we do in the US sometimes. Happy Holiday Sue. :)

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I bought my wife a pressure canner a few years ago.

She does the salsa thing every once in a while. Everything else she cans has vinegar - the smell of which drives me out of the house.

She's gotten several ribbon in local fairs here.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Originally posted by Markyboard:

I bought my wife a pressure canner a few years ago.

She does the salsa thing every once in a while. Everything else she cans has vinegar - the smell of which drives me out of the house.

Maybe that is way os saying jewelry is better than kitchen produtcts. :D

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Some of us ARE celebrating Halloween early :D

But, Happy Thanksgiving, Canada style...and, if I'm not mistaken, crabapples make a great jelly.

Hmmm...two bushels?

(Bubba from "Forrest Gump" voice):

Crabapple cider

Crabapple sauce

Crabapple stuffed pork chops

Crabapple wine

Crabapple flavored home brewed ale

Crabapple fritters

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Rabid:

I need to stop posting right after I wake up.

I probably shouldn't post after discovering Portuguese port. I think I like it. :idea: The turkey was ok too.

Mike T, don't feel bad, my livingroom is year-round Hallowe'en. Went experimental last year with hot colours and glaze. I mean, it glows in the dark. The kids like it though, so what the heck. I do too. :D

thanks for the recipe ideas. I still have a laundry basket full, which almost makes me crabby but not quite. Too bad it's not christmas, I"d hang them on the tree.

PS. Gas In the Car :cool: , been trying to send you a message and your box is full. Hmm, does that mean you also need to spend less time in the box? oh nevermind :rolleyes:

thanks for the posts! zzz

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Archived