Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fantom Xa announced?

Phait

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Phait

I think its just Rolands way to get Korg Triton LE out of the way. It looks nice though eh. I'd Buy it but I havent heard roland Talk bout it at all so i thikn it cud just be a hoax too

Originally posted by burningbusch:

Doesn't the Triton Le use a cheaper keybed than the classic?

Busch.

The Triton Le, and the Motif both use a cheap keybed. I can't remember where, but I remember hearing it was sourced from Yamaha. Since then, it's reminded me of the keybed on my daughters PSR.

This (the Xa) doesn't make any sense at all. Usually when manufacturers release a budget version of one of their previous synths, it's a popular one. The Fantom S wasn't well received when introduced, is certainly not considered a classic, and you can pick one up for around $900 used...who's going to buy what is essentially the same thing for $600 more???

I think the price is almost there. A couple hundred dollars less, and it's a steal. At $1400, and only 64MB ROM, it looks less enticing, considering the power of it's rack sibling. It's an LE version that's way more limited than the competition. And considering the original Motif 6 is still being made, for about the same price, well...it's no contest.

It will sell decently, I think. There is a market out there that warrants it, though not that big. I don't think the soft synth issue was on Roland's mind(s), but I don't think that will cut into sales of the Xa. Yamaha will.

PEace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Archived