Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Billy Joel (55) marries Uptown Girl (23)

Dave Horne

news link

Billy Joel Gets A New Uptown Girl

By Paul Cashmere

4 October 2004

Billy Joel is a husband for the third time. The 55 year old superstar married his 23 year old girlfriend on the weekend.

Joel married Kate Lee at his Long Island home on Saturday. His daughter Alexa Ray attended the wedding.

Joel was previously married to Elizabeth Weber from 1973 to 1982 and then supermodel Christie Brinkley from1985 to 1994.

The superstar is been in semi-retirement from pop music for a number of years and now writes classical music. Before finding global fame with 'Piano Man' in 1973, Joel was a classically trained piano player and composer.

The New York superstar has won six Grammy awards and last month received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by stoo schultz:

She could have gone to high school with his daughter..

so what? Age has nothing to do with finding your soulmate, if you buy into such a theory. I remember 5yr olds who "didn't get it" when I was 5, and there are plenty of 50 yr olds who still don't.

Personally I'm more charmed by stories of young men and old(er) women. :D

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Originally posted by stoo schultz:

I guess no matter how old we are, all our souls are really 23 and beautiful. ;)

Hahahha you're right about that.

I suppose I should add a footnote while I'm at it, that i'm not looking. :rolleyes:

All it takes for any 55 year old guy to get a 23 year old girl is MONEY, lots of it. Lack of money is the real problem, not chronological age. :)

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Originally posted by MikeT156:

All it takes for any 55 year old guy to get a 23 year old girl is MONEY, lots of it. Lack of money is the real problem, not chronological age. :)

Mike T.

Haha, have you just changed the topic MikeT? How to nail a 23 yr old supermodel. Well, I refuse to believe they're all so shallow. Money can't buy everything. Or should I say "Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want, anytime I want, da da da..."

who sang that? Great tune...

Hey Mike,

I agree with you. Just drive around any "upper crust" neighborhood and you'll find the "over 55" with the "under 30" driving around in their convertible Benz.

Grrrrr!

:D

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

Originally posted by analogman1:

Hey Mike,

I agree with you. Just drive around any "upper crust" neighborhood and you'll find the "over 55" with the "under 30" driving around in their convertible Benz.

Grrrrr!

:D

alright! Let me dust off the Benz...

The tune is by Jellestone. "money can't buy me happiness." Wish i could post a link. The new KC Theme.

Hey Sue: I think that posting a thread about Billy Joel marrying a 23 year old supermodel is kinda OT anyway! I don't know that they're ALL that shallow, but I remember seeing Christie Brinkley on Letterman some years ago, before she married Billy, and I thought she was a shallow as they come. DUH. I could "understand" what head Billy was thinking with when HE married her, but Christie had her own money and I couldn't figure out why she was marrying him? Billy doesn't wear a size 12 shoe. :D

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I remember an interview with Billy Joel where he said that he owed everything to his piano; he added that he was playing the piano the first time he met Christie Brinkley; she just came near him and kept listening.

He added that he wouldn't have had any hope to approach a woman like that, hadn't it been for his piano.

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Remember folks - It takes TWO to tango.

Maybe Kate is just waiting for Billy to get back into his driving 'hobby'.

There are two sides to every story. Never doubt that Kate Lee knew exactly what she was getting into when she married The Piano Man.

KnowwhatImean? :rolleyes:

Tom :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Maybe she likes him, and thinks it's really cool being married to Billy Joel. Maybe she really respects him as a musician, or a person, or a combination of lots of qualities. Perhaps money, or fame, has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Screw the age difference. It's completely meaningless to me. If Billy had just wanted to boink a 23-year-old, he wouldn't have to marry her to do so. this is 2004, fer cryin out loud. He must really care for her and feel she has similar feelings for him. He's been cheated enough in his business life to be pretty savvy now, and I'm sure there's a massive pre-nup tied to this (being his third wife and all).

So, let's not judge, since we have no idea.

- Jeff

Billy is probably pretty poor considering how much money his former brother-in-law (from his first marriage) stole from him. Maybe its real love, cause they're both real poor (by star standards).

Mike T.

Originally posted by Soultwist:

Old people shouldnt have sex...not in public anyway...

Aw....come on now! The poor guy is only 55!!! :confused:
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Archived