Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PLG boards sound same in ES as in "Classic"?

Jazz+

I have noticed that the "Vintage Rhodes", with effects bipassed, sounds quite a bit better played in the ES than in the S90. ("better" - more clarity in the highs, smoother, warmer mids, wider stereo imaging, punhcier, fatter, tighter bass.)

I also noticed that "Vintage Rhodes" sounds just a little fatter played in the S90 than in the Motif 8 Classic.

But what about the PLG boards such as the new PLG-150AP piano board? Will the PLG board sound the same in a Motif Rack as it will in an ES, providing you bipass the effects? Or will it sound finer in an ES?

Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 850 of Harry's solo piano arrangements of standards and jazz tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The voice sounds different in the ES because it IS different. The Motif ES has different filters, smoother envelopes and different effects than other models.

I also noticed that "Vintage Rhodes" sounds just a little fatter played in the S90 than in the Motif 8 Classic.
These should sound identical.

The PLG-cards will sound essentially the same as the sound is coming from the PLG board itself, not the host. The PLG card can however access effects processing in the host product, which can make it sound different.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Archived