Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GigaStudio 3 is shipping

synthetic

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by learjeff:

They have three versions, Orchestra, Ensemble, and Solo, but no description of what the differences are. Sure would be nice to know before paying!

I'm pretty sure you know the differences, from your posts over at Northern Sounds....

:rolleyes:

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

I'm still undecided on this upgrade. A year ago I would have jumped on it. Now I use Kontakt and EmulatorX more than GigaStudio 160. I just upgraded Live to version 4. Sonar 4 has been announced. I have not yet purchased the Tassman update. Unless the included samples are really usable I will not be in a hurry to spend more money on the upgrade to GS.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Tons of included libraries - over 17GB of free sounds with GS3 Orchestra from Vienna Symphonic Library, Post Piano, BiggaGigga, Larry Seyer, Notre Dame, Scarbee and many more. GigaPulse Pro alone is worth the price of the upgrade, amazing-sounding reverb and piano resonance. The unlimited polyphony and improved memory handling are also pretty impressive.

I'm working on a piece right now on my P4/2.8GHz/2GB RAM. I have Sonic Implants Stings loaded -- the legato 4-way mod wheel crossfade for all four sections, plus four sections of staccatto and pizzicato and violin harmonics. I have Project SAM horns, trumpets and trombones loaded (also the mod wheel crossfades), Westgate woodwinds (full keyswitch flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon), Larry Seyer drums, PMI Bosendorfer (the demo version), two Takos, Toms and a few other drums. I'm at 60% memory usage, 200 polyphony and it's humming right along. And I'm using two instances of GigaPulse Pro. Pretty extrordinary. I didn't choose any of the "stripped down" samples, I'm using the biggest horn, cello, etc. instruments on my drive.

It's a pretty powerful system, I think you'll be impressed.

I'm pretty sure you know the differences, from your posts over at Northern Sounds....
Never heard of Northern Sounds. Hard to imagine there's another Learjeff who plays keyboards. Then again, there's a guy with my (real) name who played bass in a garage punk band that found some notoriety on the net. Small world, I guess. :)

Hi!

Since this is directly related to GS3 I thought I would let everyone know the following. DS Soundware is now Donnie Christian Studios. We are have a bunch of new libraries that are all specifically programmed for GS3. Check them out!

Donnie

http://www.donniechristianstudios.com

PS... I am REALLY not trying to spam but since my company has a new name and this is related to the release of GS3 I thought it would be cool.

Originally posted by synthetic:

I'm working on a piece right now on my P4/2.8GHz/2GB RAM. I have Sonic Implants Stings loaded -- the legato 4-way mod wheel crossfade for all four sections, plus four sections of staccatto and pizzicato and violin harmonics. I have Project SAM horns, trumpets and trombones loaded (also the mod wheel crossfades), Westgate woodwinds (full keyswitch flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon), Larry Seyer drums, PMI Bosendorfer (the demo version), two Takos, Toms and a few other drums. I'm at 60% memory usage, 200 polyphony and it's humming right along. And I'm using two instances of GigaPulse Pro. Pretty extrordinary. I didn't choose any of the "stripped down" samples, I'm using the biggest horn, cello, etc. instruments on my drive.

It's a pretty powerful system, I think you'll be impressed.

sounds great, but how are you runnig your DAW (MIDI+Audio) - is it on the same machine with GS3 simultaneously using re-wire or something, or you are running DAW on another machine?

if latter is the case, how do you connect/syncrhronize them? i'm a bit confused with GIGA system. because if i'm correct you have to use plain MIDI cable between MIDI/DAW machine and GIGA machine to run it. That means your dependand on MIDI bandwith and MIDI time (un)stability, no? I got pretty used to running Kontakt withing my Nuendo DAW, so software renders better resolution than MIDI , there's no timing variations, it is all digital. When using VSTi , MIDI is just a principle, it doesnt actually exist - cpu sees a note on midi trk, and renders in advance with sample resolution.

Can i have this with a GS3 system?? and how?

i'm asking because that is about the only thing now that's possibly stopping me to get it immediately.. :D

thanks

http://www.babic.com - music for film/theatre, audio-post

Archived