Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NFL - Survival Pool 2004

Dave Bryce

Yeah I thought Baltimore over Cleveland was a sure thing too and the Ravens shit the bed. Who'd a thunk it? I saw one replay of Dion (the mouth) Sanders on a punt return that he netted two yards. That's the way Baltimore played yesterday. Whats more, the Ravens are going to laying for my Steelers next week. No way the Ravens are going to slip to 0-2 without Steeler blood being spilled! I'm out of the pool the first freakin' week! Damn Parity. :mad:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine how easy survival pools were in the early years of the Saints, where there would be only one or two mines in the field? Just avoid Demspey's 63 yarder and you're in the clear!

No more. Chargers, Bears, Browns, Bills -- NONE inspires survival pool confidence.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Magpel:

Imagine how easy survival pools were in the early years of the Saints, where there would be only one or two mines in the field? Just avoid Demspey's 63 yarder and you're in the clear!

I don't have to imagine it. I played 'em. And yes... certain teams were perineally so horrible that you could ride them for weeks.

Now? Not!

But I'm also not going to spend the season betting against Arizona, cause at some point, they're gonna surprise someone, and that will be the carnage week in the pool.

- Jeff

My illustrious brother use to make a pile of money taking the points and "Bet'n that Dog". Its more difficult these days. Free agency changed everything. Especially my brother's win/lose/cover ratio. Damn. :o

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Gotta stick with my boy Peyton and take Tennessee over Indy. The Titans will have a much easier time stopping Edge than the Pats did, and McNair is going to eat up that Colt's D.

I think I may limit my choices to local and primetime games as long as I'm around so that I'll get to see the games I'm picking.

*Howard Zinn for President*

**Pilsner Urquell for President of Beers!**

Originally posted by radiospace:

Originally posted by Mike Dawson:

Gotta stick with my boy Peyton and take Tennessee over Indy.

Wow, you really like living on the edge, don't you?
:thu:

It's only a matter of time before what looks like a blowout turns into an upset and takes out half the pool. I'll see if I can't dodge that bullet this year.

*Howard Zinn for President*

**Pilsner Urquell for President of Beers!**

Originally posted by Dave the Rave:

I think I'll throw the dart again.......and it's landed at Buffalo Bills!

I am NOT liking DTR's dartboard at all. It's like the evil jynx your girlfriend puts on you when she picks the Cardinals over the Seahawks because red is a more powerful color than teal.

- Jeff

List moved to top of page 5 for ease of access.

Dave, DTR and Ski - you're all in.

dB

=======

Week Two

dB -

St. Louis won

Pittsburgh

Weasel -

Philadelphia won

Green Bay

Magpel -

St. Louis won

Green Bay

Geoff Grace -

Philadelphia won

New England

Rabid -

Philadelphia won

Cincinnati

Flyscots -

St. Louis won

Green Bay

Postman -

St. Louis won

New England

Thrashole -

Philadelphia won

Washington

Dabowsa -

Philadelphia won

New Orleans

Meccajay -

St. Louis won

Llarion -

St. Louis won

NY Jets

Dave The Rave -

Atlanta won

Buffalo

TinderArts -

Tennessee won

Philadelphia

Bunny Gannon -

St. Louis won

Green Bay

Ouizel -

St. Louis won

New England

Jackpine -

St. Louis won

Green Bay

Ski -

St. Louis won

Green Bay

Mike Dawson -

New England won

Tennessee

Radiospace -

St. Louis won

New England

Daklander -

St. Louis won

Washington

dave-G -

St. Louis won

Green Bay

=====

The list will edited in this post as people make their picks. You can change your pick up to kickoff of this week's first game. Since all posts are time and date stamped, there is no possibility of confusion in this area.

Remember - failure to get a pick in on time results in elimination. No exceptions.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Archived