Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Inexpensive live mixers - Mackie or Behringer or Other?

eric

I've been looking at a small mixer in the 8-12 channel range, preferably with built-in FX. Mackie has the DFX6 and DFX12. Behringer has several that are slightly less expensive. Yamaha has a couple as well. I prefer to bypass anything with a wall wart. If I look at the Mackie and Behringer with the built-in power supplies, the specs match pretty close, but the price is lower on Behringer.

Can anyone tell me if there is a significant difference in quality between these inexpensive mixers?

Thanks,

Eric

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a Behringer 802A. It's a small mixer with a wall wart power supply (which I also despise) . It's ok, but doesn't really sound that good, generally low quality. I am looking to upgrade to something better, just don't know yet. I think the mackie 1604 is pretty popular and supposed to be good. I think, you get what you pay for. I would like to have someone build me a patch bay and then run the signal through a tube pre. So the high quality pre amp gets the sound and the patch bay would be to feed signals transparently. Good luck with your search.

"Learn the changes, then forget them."

-Charlie Parker

Archived