Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Beginner asking about Soft synth

STR41N

Hi. Now i'm asking about soft synth. What is VST and what is DXi. Am I right that it is about format of sound sample ? Which are better ? And what is the best or good softsynth program ???

Is Soundtank is good ? NOw I`m just install it with the Cubase. How to change the intrument faster ?? it is because my computer not good ??

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I dont want to give you wrong definitions and differences between VST and DXi standard, so I'll leave it to someone who is native english speaker. This forum has one really HUGE knowledge base and if you use search option I am sure you will come up with some answers, since this topic is disscused more then once. For more information about virtual instruments go to KVR - VST web page. There you can also download demos of lots of commercial instruments and get your self some free VSTi and DXi. There something for everybody's taste. Just explore KVR. When I got my hands on that link for the first time, whole new world opened up for me. I am using lots of instruments and plug inns avaliable for download. There you will also find many reviews on various VSTi and DXi.

Hope this helps :D .

Faruk

Fat But Fast

I agree on kvr-vst.com. Check it out. If you are using cubase you need to look at vsts. Cubase does not support dx effects or instruments (thats the short answer). There are vst effects, called vst for short, and vst instruments, called vsti. VSTis are soft synths.
David

Cubase does support dx effects. I have tried using Ozone in there once, although I tend to stick to VST. That said with cubase VST is the way to go.

A ROMpler is a sample-based synthesizer (the Korg Triton is a ROMpler), i.e. best used with pre-mapped multisamples, etc. A sampler on the other hand can take raw waveforms and has the ability to map them into zones and keys (that's the very simple version). That's at least how I interpret those terms. I have never heard of a hompler. Are you sure you read that correctly?

Archived