Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

the geek factor

The one thing about Hammonds or Rhodes or whatever old real keys, and certainly about piano, is the geek factor is very very low compared to this midi stuff.

I'm trying to figure out how to ungeek my midi set-up- maybe mount it all in a wooden cabinet with only the relevant controls exposed, like a Hammond... definitely wall-warts are really, really geeky...

anybody successfully ungeeked a modern keyboard setup?

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't our own forum member Carlito do this? I remember a post a few weeks ago with the wooden case he fashioned. It was really beautiful.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

It was really beautiful.

Thanks Stephen.

The one thing about Hammonds or Rhodes or whatever old real keys, and certainly about piano, is the geek factor is very very low compared to this midi stuff.

Ted Nightshade, that's one of the reasons I decided to build my own rig. The other reason is that I always hated dealing with cables.

Wow, Carlito, class act!

Intriguing how you have rack spaces right there in the keyboard...

Stylin'!

That's some inspiration for sure.

Mine will probably be a hack job on a MP9000, and involve a rack... we'll see though... never thought of it like you did it!

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Archived