Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Free server for mp3's

Have anyone any idea where I can put my mp3's for free?

I have a just made a homepage on a free site but to download from there plain sucks.

Go to my site and check if you want.

The speed is 1Kb/sec. :mad:

And no, this is not to make you listen to it.

When the speed is OK I'll put it in the right thread.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know the old adage that there's no such thing as free lunch... and, thing is, most 'free' hosters will shower your page with banners and pop-up ads. To add to that misery, they will usually refuse mp3's - just because they have another name doesn't mean you're NOT robbing the RIAA of a few quarters. Even worse, they will not allow remote linking - they'll force people to go to the page itself.

I got myself a nice little private account (server is maintained by a few friends, all income of the hosted folks goes to keeping it up) for which I pay 60 bucks per year, nothing spectacular, but reliable, and mine only :) . There's tons of hosters out there, and you really shouldn't shy away of a paid account because it means a lot less crap to deal with.

What type of ISP do you have?

I have cable internet at the house so I just host my site on one of my home computers. The ISP throttles uploads to 30kb/s but that's not too bad. I also get 70MB of hosted web space on their servers.

I have my music posted at http://www.garageband.com/. It gives you a basic web page too, but response is kinda slow. You can also try the new CNET replacement for mp3.com, which is now http://www.download.com . They are just getting under way so they are a bit slow too, but what do you want for nothing? :rolleyes: at least it's a place you can send people to listen to your music online. Neither one has CD burning service, although download.com is hooking up with CDBaby for distribution (you still have to produce the CDs yourself). I guess the CD production part of mp3.com wasn't cost-effective :(

DRD

Originally posted by Robert Smedberg:

The speed is 1Kb/sec. :mad:

Hey! I reached 2.0Kb/sec! New record, I guess...

Why don't you choose a payed server? I have several websites running at Lycos. Download rates are over 200kb/seond. They don't charge too much for 100mb... (about 70 Euro a year)

Besides, you can choose your own domain name.

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I uploaded some songs to my new soundclick site and I'm at #29 on the charts! One song got 7 plays :rolleyes:

The charts are influenced by the number of plays that last longer than one minute, by the hot or flop votes, and by the downloads, per unique IP address, per day.

Click in my sig below, if you want.

Archived