Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

That really cool car commercial

I saw a commercial for some car (don't remember which one) in which two guys with boom mics are sampling sounds from the car and creating electronic music from it. I didn't get a good look at it, but man, what a cool commercial. Did anyone see what they were using?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a commercial for Nissan and the guys are [b]Ming & FS[/b] . They are using an mpc2000xl, looks like a kurz. and a mac with I don't know what software. They're on OM records and are amazingly talented electronic musicians. Their cd "Hell's Kitchen" is one of my all time favorite discs.

Nissan must have some brilliant marketing people. Between the concept of that commercial and sponsoring free A-List shows around the country (I saw STP for free), they really have their finger on the pulse of what younger people are into. Jeff, I only saw that commercial once during a football game, but are you sure it was Protools they were using? I remember the GUI being really colorfull. Oh well, like it really matters...

[quote]Originally posted by thisDude: [b]Jeff, I only saw that commercial once during a football game, but are you sure it was Protools they were using? I remember the GUI being really colorfull. Oh well, like it really matters...[/b][/quote]I thought it was PT...but I'm often wrong. Could have been DP. I remember seeing big-ass waveforms. If I see the spot again, I'll try and actually look. And yeah, Nissan's marketing is really good right now. - Jeff

Archived