Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Headed to Seattle - Any recommendations?

eric

Folks,

I'll be in Seattle for the next couple of days on business and was wondering if there is anything I should check out music-wise while I'm there. Any good music stores, bands playing, Forum members, etc.?

Thanks,

Eric

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by eric:

Folks,

I'll be in Seattle for the next couple of days on business and was wondering if there is anything I should check out music-wise while I'm there. Any good music stores, bands playing, Forum members, etc.?

Thanks,

Eric

I work down on Pioneer Square. Monday night is a good night to go to the New Orleans restaurant and listen to jazz and blues.
No signature required.

Thanks folks! This was kind of a quick trip and I wish I had more notice as well! I am going to go cruise around Pioneer Sq, maybe try to get Mariners tickets.

Thanks,

Eric

Originally posted by PatAzz:

Too bad I didn't have more notice - I'd have loved to have gotten together.

Last week BurningBusch told me about a couple of places downtown outside of Pioneer Square (I think he's playing at one of the Wednesday). Bill?

Eric has probably come and gone. It would have been nice meeting in person.

7/21 Today (12:00-1:00) we're at Metropolitan Park-part of an outdoor summer concert series.

Tonight (9:30 - 11:30) is Wasabi Bistro: 2311 Second Avenue

7/23 (8:30 - 10:30) Q-cafe: 223 15th Ave. West

7/24 Two private functions

Busch.

Man, I'm really bummed that I could not connect with Pat or Busch while I was out in Seattle. I was only there Monday and Tuesday this week and I flew home today. So not a lot of time.

Monday afternoon, I went down to the Pioneer Square area, milled around the boardwalk for awhile. Wandered up to the SafeCo Stadium and watched the ball game. It was a great night.

Tuesday night I went to my co-worker's house for dinner down in Puyallup. His wife is a personal chef and cooked us a great meal! Then I cruised around and just enjoyed the beautiful weather. I love the dry air, coming from VA, which is a humidity fest. A bonus was my rental car was a convertible and I did not even request that! I could not have asked for a better couple of days to be there.

Next time I go, I'll try to connect with some of you guys earlier...I may be out there in another 6 months.

Thanks,

Eric

Damn Eric I wish I had seen this sooner! Not that I've had much free time this week but a quick coffee would have been nice. Too bad. Next time you're in town perhaps...

And Wasabi Bistro does kick it hard Busch :thu:

I second Linwood's suggestion of the EMP (Experience Music Project) - museum dedicated to popular (country, blues, funk, R&R, etc.) music, funded by Paul Allen of Microsoft fame (turns out he is a huge Hendrix fan!). It's right next to the Space Needle, and is INCREDIBLE! I was there for a full day, and could have spent 2 more with no problem. Great old memorabilia, old recordings, guitars, posters, Jimi's jacket from Electric Lady Land, etc. Little studios where anybody can learn music basics with instruments they can play, etc., etc. -it's really cool. Highly recommended!

Hack

"He who draws the most amps wins"

Archived