Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So I got the Ultimate Keys SRX card for my axe ...

Jon Doe

Many, Many things on there make me smile. Some cool pianos, organs, synthisises, strings ...

maby 7 to 8 percent turned my crank, but made it worth the price of an e-ticket.

tomorrow I pick up the World Collection. At that point my V will be full of cards ...

only 64 registrations ... :(

No signature required.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm glad you posted that. I've been debating picking up that card (ultimate keys) for my RD-700. Can you ellaborate a bit more on it's worth and what sounds it contains?

"You look hopefully for an idea and then you're humble when you find it and you wish your skills were better. To have even a half-baked touch of creativity is an honor."

-- Ernie Stires, composer

Ultimate Keys - great card. Use it in both my RD700 and Fantom. Pianos: particularly Stereo Piano, Gran Piano and Easy Rocker (cuts through the rest of the band!) Best Rhodes sounds I've played: Inspiration, Stage73, Suitcase. Many useful B3 patches: LesliedB3, Nice Feel, BluesB etc.

Use VK8 for organ and RD700 for piano playng live but Fantom with Ultimate Keys is a great "one keyboard" option - for my Blues band stuff anyway.

Nord Electro 3

Roland JV-90

Originally posted by mound:

I'm glad you posted that. I've been debating picking up that card (ultimate keys) for my RD-700. Can you ellaborate a bit more on it's worth and what sounds it contains?

Here's their demo site. http://rolandus.com/Multimedia/Flash/srx/srx_demo.html

It has a lot of cool Jon Lord type B3 patches, great R&R piano patches. The native pianos on my V-combo are great, but this card gives 30 or so additional versions. about 40 organs. Some outstanding synth stuff. All in all very worth the money.

The World collection will give me Pedal(Slide) Steel guitar, steel drums, etc for my synth.

No signature required.

Ultimate Keys is a round-up of several of the older SRJV expansion boards...all the waveforms of Vintage Keys, 60's-70's, Bass And Drum, and some of the Session and Piano. the Hammond-Leslie patches in 60's-70's are the best you can get in a Rompler, in my opinion. I use them all the time and when I retire my XP-60 for a Fantom I'll an Ultimate Keys board just for these sounds alone. I don't know if an RD-700 has Roland's Leslie sim though...usually called Rotary. Without it, the Hammond stuff won't sound like on my XP-60.

RD700 has the earlier drawbar organ and Leslie sim built in. Not as good as the VK8 (now with 2.0 firmware - even better Leslie sim) - pretty useable but no real power behind the organs. I think the pianos on the Ult. Keys are better than the standard ones on the RD700 although I think the RD700 has larger samples.

Nord Electro 3

Roland JV-90

Archived