Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How do you all get analog audio into your PC?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<> alesis hd24 is how i do it. either record to the hd24 and ftp it over to the PC or just use the HD24 converters as a front end via lightpipe into dakota card and software of choice... but there are many many other ways to do the same thing... -d. gauss

[quote]Originally posted by matt C: [b]Let's not let this turn into a "best of" convention, but still: what's the best [/b][/quote]huh???? ;) I have a pair of MOTU 828's. I don't know what is 'Best' because these are the only ones I've had. [url=http://motu.com/]SPECIFIC DETAILS HERE[/url]
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

i really like the motu stuff. in a different time and situation, i would have went with performer instead of aslihad. motu didnt have much out that i could afford/use in 1998. now is a different story. dp3 is way cool from what i have seen. dp2.7 is a royal PITA!

[quote]Originally posted by Hippie: [b]...or my trusty, older than the hills, 'Card-D Deluxe' Matt[/b][/quote]I loved them DAL cards! My first audio PC had a DAL Card D+ ISA soundcard and I always loved the quality. Hmmm..., maybe I should dust off the ole W95 beast and see if it is indeed more warmer than my current Hammerfall card.

Although I use RME(Digi 96/8PST) on another machine,I'm finding M-Audio not only sounds great,but easily have the best drivers(WDM/ASIO) so far,as far as Windows is concerned anyway.You wont beat the value of the Delta 1010 for price performance ratio.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by AlndLonChaney: [b]Although I use RME(Digi 96/8PST) on another machine,I'm finding M-Audio not only sounds great,but easily have the best drivers(WDM/ASIO) so far,as far as Windows is concerned anyway.You wont beat the value of the Delta 1010 for price performance ratio.[/b][/quote]Sorry to interrupt, but I have a question of my own. I've heard good things about the Audiophile 2496, but how does it compare to the Delta-44 (bastard stepchild of the Delta-1010, I presume)? Anyone?

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

[quote]Originally posted by BassGuy21: [b]Sorry to interrupt, but I have a question of my own. I've heard good things about the Audiophile 2496, but how does it compare to the Delta-44 (bastard stepchild of the Delta-1010, I presume)? Anyone?[/b][/quote]Same,but better and newer crystal converters than the Delta 44/66,although I think the 44/66 has been updated as well.The obvious difference is being I/O,if the Audiophiles I/O offerings are enough for your needs then go for it,you wont hear the difference between the Audiophile and 44/66.The whole Delta line uses the same exact drivers as well.

Well ya see there's this straw. An ya point the straw at tha moosik. Then there's this pump. An it pumps the moosik reeeeeeeeeal hard until it seeps out the uther en. Then i hook it up to the kom pooter and it seeps right on in! Hot dang! Ain't teknolgee wunnerful? P.S. Sumtimes it souns crappy an stuff. Yooozhly wen the moozishens plays like shit. Then uther times it sounz f n great! Yooozhly wen they play werth a dern!! ;)

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]A Metric Halo MIO + DSP ... 'tis the dog's bollocks :thu: [/b][/quote]I'm interested in this myself,but after a quick search all I could come up with is "Windows drivers coming soon".Lets hope real soon,and WDM as good as M-Audio's right out of the gate and not just 2.9ms at best Asio,then I'll respond just as fast with my $$$$.My eyes are peeled and my plastic is waiting.

[quote]Originally posted by AlndLonChaney: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]A Metric Halo MIO + DSP ... 'tis the dog's bollocks :thu: [/b][/quote]I'm interested in this myself,but after a quick search all I could come up with is "Windows drivers coming soon".Lets hope real soon,and WDM as good as M-Audio's right out of the gate and not just 2.9ms at best Asio,then I'll respond just as fast with my $$$$.My eyes are peeled and my plastic is waiting.[/b][/quote]Just buy yourself a nice little iBook :) It's great for location stuff and moving stuff over to a PC once it's recorded is easy.
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]Just buy yourself a nice little iBook :) It's great for location stuff and moving stuff over to a PC once it's recorded is easy.[/b][/quote]Actually I'm gonna do that(Apple Powerbook),but I'd like to use the Metric Halo on the PC as well.

I have (3) Layla24 boxes for 24 channels of A/D/A going in/out of my main DAW system. Then I also have the original DAL Plus card and a DAL Digital Only Card in another computer...for 16/44.1 mixdowns...transfers...backups...etc.

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

24 channels of lightpipe i/o from a Tascam DM-24 to the 'puter with a Nuendo 9652 card & Cubase SX.
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBB Code Images are permitted.

TASCAM US-428, via USB straight into the little iMac. Four analog audio inputs simultaneously (though I almost always only use one or two at once with my personal productions, and I don't record live drums at my place). As far as my company's gear is concerned, I'd rather do it with a DM-24 like AlanThomas above, and not have to re-patch as much as I do. Maybe Santa will bring one, though I doubt it...I've been a bad boy this year. :( :cool: - Jeff

Archived