Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Which is the best Fantom S88 or Trition Studio 8 Or Motif Es8?

Nu Soul Bro

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Superbobus:

Jazz fuNk, I guess? I'm a Motif fan too.

Me too. The pianos in the Triton (extreme) the Fantom X88 and the Motif ES all have their strengths and weaknesses. None is ahead of the others in all registers. But I think the Motif EPs are the best of the three. The EPs on the Tritone especially don't have enough variation for me.

Check out the S90 as well.

This is beginning to sound like the "I've got an MP3 and I want to remove the vocals for a remix." question. But I really did enjoy reading this one. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
David

Since I just went through this process (read my post "Best Workstation. . .HELP!"), I must echo what others have told me: you have to go out and play on them all to decide for yourself. Think about it, all of these higher end workstations are in competition with each other, so in essence, they are all 'good' keyboards. It ends up being subtleties in strength or weaknesses that influences a person's choice, and that is based on subjectivity.

When I first began searching, I was looking at the Fantom X8, Triton Studio, and the Yamaha ES8. I started online and fell in love with the Fantom's demos. The pretty colored monitor also attracted me (by the way, cosmetics should NOT be a criteria for judging a board). Triton came in second and Yamaha was a distant third. Then, I actually went to the store to try them all out and my ranking COMPLETELY changed!!! The acoustics sounds and the action (piano touch) of the Yamaha keyboard blew me away. I tried to give each board equal time while I was there, but I just kept being drawn to the ES8. Not knowing that the Triton Extreme was an upgrade of the Studio, I tested it out a little as well. Still, for me, the Yamaha was the best.

My decision, however, was based on MY desires. I've listened to others talk about the synth sounds on the Triton (straight out of the box) as though it were God. Others also like the slightly lighter action of the keyboard on the Triton. One thing I loved on the Roland was the classical acoustic guitar, but I think I will probably try to recreate it on the Yamaha through some tweaking/sampling.

Bottom Line: Visit an instrument store with an open mind and test them all. More than likely, you'll end up being drawn to one of them.

Archived