Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MIDI MIDI MIDI

tattoofuel

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, you need a yamaha s-90, a nord electro (the 73 key version, not the 61!!!) and an alesis andromeda.

hope that helps! :thu:

edit:

sorry, I guess sarcasm against the spirit of the forum...maybe you could provide us with a little more information so we can have an idea what you're trying to do?

sorry i'm into industrial, techno base stuff

i currently have a microkorg, an electribe r, electribe a, and loads and loads of software, a cheep key 61 key keyboard, but i'm looking to expand my gear. i've been looking to get a rack mount setup to save space but i'm affraid i don't know the first thing about how to program that stuff or what is good for what. i would like to sample some drum stuff along with some vocals, also i would like another drum machine and maybe some more synth stuff. i hope i've provided info enough for you to help. thank you for trying

:thu:

For synth programing check this site, it covers some basic tutorials: synth programing guide Also, on the access-music.de (this link will take you straight there)you will find synth programing tutorial by Howard Scarr. It is writen for Viruses, but it's aplicable for every single synth. With Electribe series you should be able to do a lot. I am not into drum machines much, but I would stick to Korg or Roland/Boss. Maybe even better, for music that you want to make is to check out PropellerHeads Reason and Ableton Live software. It should cover all of your needs. If by any chance you have a laptop (and add Reason to it) and midi interface, with your tribes and micro you will have a killer setup at home and live.

Hope this helps.

Faruk

Fat But Fast

...and regarding programming; IMO there´s no better way than to buy a synth and just dive in there! Keep the manuals handy, but don´t read them until you have to! This way, your ears instead of the manual will tell you what you´re doing, and it opens the door for interesting mistakes! :thu:

/J :cool: nas

Originally posted by Yamis:

I start out that way also. No manuals in the beginning. Just jump in try and figure it out on my own first.

Ofcourse, learning by doing is an excellent way, but everybody needs some theory fundament in everything, like what is an oscilator, filter, envelope, LFO, etc

Faruk

Fat But Fast

thank you all for your help

anyone know anything about rack mount stuff

i need layers and layers of sounds

and i don't really trust a laptop,

I could just see me playing live and it would freeze.

but anyway ive seen some rackmount setups and they sound incredible, they have so much going on

and that is what i would like to achieve. mainly samplers, and a drum machine.

Originally posted by tattoofuel:

thank you all for your help

anyone know anything about rack mount stuff

i need layers and layers of sounds

and i don't really trust a laptop,

I could just see me playing live and it would freeze.

but anyway ive seen some rackmount setups and they sound incredible, they have so much going on

and that is what i would like to achieve. mainly samplers, and a drum machine.

Well, I am using laptop live and some of the other forum members too. If you would like to know more about it, then use the search engin on the forum to find threads regarding laptops. Most important thing is that you are comfortable with your gear in studio and live. If you dont like laptops then check out Akai MPC 1000. It is excellent midi sequencer and sampler, so it should cover all of your needs + it is made for live use and it is not too expensive. Anyway do your research and testing before you make your desicion. It is better to have fewer pieces of good gear that you really control and work comfortably with instead of full rack of stuff that you use ocasionally. I still think that with addition of laptop/hardware sequencer-sampler to your current gear you will have nice setup to work with, but that is only my opinion.

Faruk

Fat But Fast

Archived