Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Remembering Ray

Blue4RC

I was scanning the TV/Radio this weekend for any kind of tribute or special on Ray Charles and found little except for the occasional 60 second news reports. If you are like me and would like to see more, I'm posting a couple of listings I've found dedicated to Ray. Please post any national tv/radio coverage you may hear about I'm sure many would like to try and catch these.

***Ray Charles-THE BIOGRAPHY CHANNEL Monday, June 14th at 8pm ET/9PT.

***NPR is replaying McPartlands' 91' Piano Jazz w/Ray as a tribute this week. You'll have to check your local NPR station for schedule.

***Rhino Records Tribute Web Page. They are streaming the whole Anthology cd. http://raycharles.rhino.com/

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean you didn't watch "The Blues Brothers" on AMC Sunday night???

Just had to watch the musical number in "Ray's Music Exchange"...... (I keep trying to find the brief shot where they did a closeup on Ray's face during the song and the keyboard was reflected in his sunglasses. That's was a beautiful brilliant shot and I'm surprised it never made it to a poster.)

Originally posted by Mr.Whatever:

I was scanning the TV/Radio this weekend for any kind of tribute or special on Ray Charles and found little except for the occasional 60 second news reports. If you are like me and would like to see more, I'm posting a couple of listings I've found dedicated to Ray. Please post any national tv/radio coverage you may hear about I'm sure many would like to try and catch these.

***Ray Charles-THE BIOGRAPHY CHANNEL Monday, June 14th at 8pm ET/9PT.

***NPR is replaying McPartlands' 91' Piano Jazz w/Ray as a tribute this week. You'll have to check your local NPR station for schedule.

***Rhino Records Tribute Web Page. They are streaming the whole Anthology cd. http://raycharles.rhino.com/

Thanks for posting this. I've been wondering why I haven't seen or heard much about Ray Charles tributes or specials.

That show on the Biography channel - is it on next Monday night 6-21? I tried to find it last night with no luck.

Man, sorry you missed it. It was on 8-9pm ET. They don't have any other times listed yet but I'm sure they're coming.

If you get a chance try to catch the Piano Jazz radio show w/Ray. That was incredible! Just Ray and a piano, playin some great stuff.

Archived