Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ajuda no Alesis QS-8

Daniel Buck

Olá... Sou do Brasil, meu inglês é péssimo... Sou novo no fórum e preciso de uma ajuda de quem puder! POR FAVOR...

Bom, tenho um Alesis QS-8 e estou querendo uns timbres de LEAD bem legais. Agora, vou começar a viajar nas perguntas:

- Me ajudem a montar um timbre bem legal, fudidão mesmo, do estilo Sherinian/Broek [antigo tecladista do DT/atual tecladista do Sun Caged]?

- É possível ter leads tão poderosos assim no QS-8?

- Como seria o funcionamento de um pedal de Wah de guitarra no teclado?

- O que é mais aconselhável para dar uns efeitos WAH nos leads?

- Será que eu consigo fazer o pitch bender UP funcionar com um tom acima e o pitch bender DOWN funcionar com uma oitava abaixo [se não entenderam essa, perguntem que eu tento explicar melhor]?

- Existe algum PAD decente no QS-8 ou eu tenho que construir algum?

- Existem, também, perguntas mais toscas e amadoras do que as minhas?! uhaeuheauhea

Por favor, tentem me ajudar nisso daí?

VALEU, ABRAÇOS.

Quati.

Prog Metal from Brazil... KEEP PROGGIN'

OMEGA ZERO Keyboard player.

http://www.omegazero.cjb.net/

Alesis QS8

Yamaha PSR530

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, let me try, so! [o=

I saw that there are some who like to help friends!!! If I try to put this in english, I'm sure you'll try to understand it!

So, I got an Alesis QS-8 and I want some cool LEAD effects. But I have no idea how to make it...

- Is there some way to create a sound [i don't know how to say "TIMBRE" in english but...], a LEAD sound in QS8 like 'Derek Sherinian' or 'Joost van den Broek' in [on/at, I just don't know!] 'my' keyboard?

- Is that possible to have so powerful LEADS in QS-8, like that ones?

- How does a guitar wha-pedal works on this synth?

- Do we have some especific pedal or something to get this kinda effect [wha]?

- Is there any decent PAD on this synth or do I have to create one? In this case, would you help me to make it?!

Sorry, I tried!!! uheauhaeuh

Thanks everyone who's trying to help me! [o=

Alesis QS8

Yamaha PSR530

See if you can find a Vintage Synths QCard. :thu:

Besides that, there are some very nice synth waveforms in the QS8's ROM, including a bunch of samples from Keith Emerson's modular Moog. Dig in and try some programming!

dB

Your English is very good, and it's probably better than most of ours! Synth programming is quite daunting when you're a beginner, but like anything else, as you gain experience you will become better at it. All I can suggest is playing with various parameters while you play the keyboard to see how each one affects the sound. When you hear something you like, save the patch and remember what you did to get there. ;)

good luck

Fala Daniel!

Depois respondo as tuas perguntas com calma... Tenho usado pouco meu QSR, vou dar uma olhada hoje a noite. Abraço,

Rodrigo

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

Don't we have any Brazilians here? I thought there was one.

- Jeff

Gee... I've only been here... what.. 3 1/2 years? I guess I made a lasting impression! :eek::freak:

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by Daniel Buck:

- How does a guitar wha-pedal works on this synth?

- Do we have some especific pedal or something to get this kinda effect [wha]?

- Is there any decent PAD on this synth or do I have to create one? In this case, would you help me to make it?!

[o=

A good wah is not possible on the QS8 because the filters are only low or high pass, not band pass. I use an external wah pedal with mine.

The pads are ok within the limitations of the filters. Sadly filtering is a big part of producing interesting pads.

Originally posted by Rod S:

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

Don't we have any Brazilians here? I thought there was one.

- Jeff

Gee... I've only been here... what.. 3 1/2 years? I guess I made a lasting impression! :eek::freak:
Of course, I was thinking of you, friend Rod. :)

- Jeff

hey drfuzz, thanks a lot!!! you helped me a lot! thank you so much!!!

thanks to everyone who's giving me the chance to learn more! [o=

just another question: i have ALESIS QS8 and a YAHAMA PSR530! is that a good gear??

what is good for me to, i don't know, improve ou update my setup???

please, don't stop to reply...

Alesis QS8

Yamaha PSR530

Originally posted by Daniel Buck:

please, don't stop to reply...

Hi there Buck! Sorry for the late reply, have been away from home for a while. Rod (Fala meu chapa! :wave: ) is not the only Brazilian bird around, and you can count on me too! Oh boy, this globalization stuff really kicks ass...

I had pretty much the same trouble you seem to be facing now: Used to sing and play guitar, then stumbled on a synth, took it to a rehearsal "just for the laughs" and was pushed on by my bandmates :eek: . Then obviously got the itch that everybody in this forum once got, and never stopped playing keys since then. Back to our common thread, I was stuck with reasonably good equipment (Roland XP-30) and "could not shoot"... My ticket was some programming classes :idea: . You will be taken to another dimension, no matter how good/bad your rig is.

As for the specific sounds you are craving, someone else has already shone the right light on you: Go out and buy specific ROM cards (vintage, in your case). It made marvels on my rig. I have no slots left for expansion right now...

Then again, if you really get the itch (I did) and learn the ropes of programming on the equipment you have (I have the QS8 in high regard, BTW, in spite of the filters), you will end up buying a synth tailored for your purposes. In my case it was a Nord Modular. Which entailed further programming classes (with Shaman's live keyboard player, Fabio Ribeiro, great guy), further advance, further pleasure and further itches, ha-ha-ha.

Where do you live in Brazil? Write me off forum, I'll try to help you as best as I can. And welcome to this forum, which is such a great inspiration :thu: !

"I'm ready to sing to the world. If you back me up". (Lennon to his bandmates, in an inspired definition of what it's all about).

Using the Mixes:

(the <110> button)

You can set both the Hi-Limit and Lo-Limit notes here. Use the buttons to choose between parameters, and the Slider to set parameter values.

Welcome to the board.

Daf

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

Originally posted by DafDuc:

Using the Mixes:

(the <110> button)

You can set both the Hi-Limit and Lo-Limit notes here. Use the buttons to choose between parameters, and the Slider to set parameter values.

One addition:

To navigate and/or select which channel/sound you're working on, use the buttons when you're in MIX play mode. Then hit "Edit Select", and follow DafDuc's instructions.

dB

Yes, you'll have to save it as a User Mix.

To put a photo up, click on "my profile", then

"» View/Update Profile «", then

"Select a different Avatar Image" and you can upload a jpeg or gif file. The guys here definitely have the most creative avatars I've ever seen (Jimmie Wanna B!!! Yeah-uh!!!), but I think a lot of them are going past the size guidelines.

Daf

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

GREEEAATTTTT!!! It worked!! [o= :thu:

About the picture:

I have this adress:

' http://www.instrument-piano.com/photos/styl/schimmel-trans208.jpg '

I want to make it my image, is it possible?!?! I'm trying to do it but it seems [O_o] not to work...

Alesis QS8

Yamaha PSR530

Archived