Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

***KORG TRITON LE vs. YAMAHA MOTIF 6***

Stone Sleezy

***KORG TRITON LE vs. YAMAHA MOTIF 6***

I'm doing r & b and hip hop music I'm thinking about investing my money on a keyboard and i need y'all opinion...

i went to guitar center today and i felt like the motif had the more authentic sounds as far as bass, drums, and piano. but the triton le had a wider variety.

they also vary in price. the yamaha is around 1500 and the triton le is around 1000 (both 61 keys)

to all the keyboard and production guru's on the board i would like to hear y'all opinions.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks a million y'all, i will check these out and come back and "build" here

Originally posted by bleen:

Yeah, as Brutha Jeebus said, welcome!

Check out some of these threads first:

Motif ES vs. Triton Exterme

Motif EX vs K2661

Fantom X vs Motif EX

Buy a Workstation

Triton, Motif, Fantom all repackaged...is this good?

Triton LE 66(sic.) Keyboard

Replacing my Triton

I also do hip hop and R&B.

Motif is better than the Triton LE

Better drums, stronger sounds all around.

Triton Classic is still better than the regular Motif mostly because of its expandability, soundsets, and touchscreen.

If your serious though, save up the xtra money and get a Triton Extreme, or a Motif ES

(you can make the tracks sound good right out of these boards with little to no need for outboard equipment if you figure your way around them.)

check out my tracks at www.KATCHREK.com

one of 7 tracks should load up randomly each time you refresh (all done with triton,roland,motif,MPC)

some of them are low quality .wmv for size and all.

GOOD LUCK........

"Why is Danny Ainge still employed in Boston?"

Originally posted by BIGMUTHAFUKINREK:

I also do hip hop and R&B.

Motif is better than the Triton LE

Better drums, stronger sounds all around.

Triton Classic is still better than the regular Motif mostly because of its expandability, soundsets, and touchscreen.

If your serious though, save up the xtra money and get a Triton Extreme, or a Motif ES

(you can make the tracks sound good right out of these boards with little to no need for outboard equipment if you figure your way around them.)

check out my tracks at www.KATCHREK.com

one of 7 tracks should load up randomly each time you refresh (all done with triton,roland,motif,MPC)

some of them are low quality .wmv for size and all.

GOOD LUCK........

great advice...i'm leaning towards the motif 6...i'm pressed for money and time...that's why initially thought "fuck it...let me just scrap together a thousand and get the triton le"

but now i'm like damn maybe i should save an extra 500 for the motif 6.

hmmm

If you are interested I am selling my Triton Classic to upgrade to a Triton Extreme. I'll take 1000 bucks for it plus S&H.

I am PayPal verified and they can process credit cards for me, if that would be easier for you.

Its in perfect condition and has two expansion cards already in it.

Dance Extreme-EXBPCM04 lists at $240

(ill drums, hits, useable sound effects)

Studio Essentials-EXBPCM02 lists at $240

(strings, brass, woodwinds-the stuff dr. dre be using)

There are more than 10X more sounds on a fully expanded Triton Classic than there are on a Triton LE. Plus you get the sampling card already in it (you have to buy the sample card in the LE, its like 200 bucks more, not to mention the Classic has five effects plus two master effect at a time. the LE only has 2 effects and 1 master)

You can holla at me at katchrek2003@yahoo.com if your interested. Or AOL IM me at katchrek2004.

Let me know either way.

"Why is Danny Ainge still employed in Boston?"

i've pretty much made up my mind. but i still want to feel the motif out. i'll go back to guitar center tomorrow, i have a big check list of sounds that i absolutely cannot do without. thanks guys

p.s. now i'm going around trying to figure out if i should buy used or new...the plot thickens ladies and gentlemen :cool:

Originally posted by Jeebus:

Originally posted by Stone Sleezy:

i have a big check list of sounds that i absolutely cannot do without.

Such as?
specific bass, flute and strings/riffs... i really can't put it into words, but i'll know it when i hear it.

***UPDATE***

went back to guitar center today, they sold the display motif 6 but they had the es6.

the triton le 66 had the bass sounds i wanted.

the motif es6 had the electric guitar sounds i wanted. i can tweak the bass sounds with my mpc2000 to get them sounding like i want them to. i'm still motif or bust!!!

Archived