Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Controller #91 & the K2600

Postman

Does anyone know if the K2600 will respond to a controller #91 message sent from an external keyboard? I'm sending one from a Roland AX-1B and the message is showing up in the midi monitor, but it doesn't seem to show up at the corresponding control source (FX Depth). In other words are the only external controller messages that the K2600 maps listed in table 10-1 of the guide?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The K2600 can respond pretty much any controller you want. Its unlikely that its internal effects processor is preset to respond to #91. You would have to create an FXMOD to make it do this (for each program or setup that you are using).

Good luck

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Sure, that's what I'm trying to do. I'm setting an FXMOD so that it uses FX Depth as the control source. You'd expect that the OS would automatically map external contoller messages to the corresponding internal control sources and, indeed, it does for controllers like volume and modulation. Using these controller numbers I can control the desired effect parameter (in this case wet/dry mix). I just can't get it to work with message #90 or #91. I've confirmed that the AX-1 is sending the correct message number and value and that the K2600 is receiving it. Is it possible the programmers didn't map all of the messages?

My apologies, guys. I got home tonight, decided to attack the problem one more time, and everything worked perfectly. I have no idea what was going on for three hours last night. Maybe the K2600 just needed a cold reboot. I was doing so many things with the AX-1 that maybe I inadvertenly sent a rogue sysex message? Beats the hell out of me.

Anyway, false alarm. Thanks.

Archived