Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Get Your KCC vol 7/8 Yet?

RobT

I went home for lunch and guess what was in the mail? Keyboard Corner Compilations vol 7 and 8!

Slick packaging as always. I'm listening at work and loving it! Great job people!

Much love and thanks to everyone involved in putting this together.

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far the score is:

North Carolina: 2

The rest of us: 0

Hmmmmm!!!! I guess, we on the left coast are going to have to wait a little while longer... :cry:

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Mine arrived today. As always, I'm having a lot of fun listening to what you're all up to. Great job everyone! :thu:

BTW, I submitted track names, artists, and composer info to the online Gracenote CDDB. (The name is a coincidence, no relation to me.) If you have iTunes, it should access this database automatically and provide the info I submitted (as long as you're online when you pop the CDs into your computer).

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Originally posted by Dave the Rave:

Cool, thanks Geoff! :thu: ....although, I thought a CD had to have an official barcode for this to work. Anyone care to explain the rules to me please?

Dave, it may vary depending on what version of operating system, platform, and iTunes one has. On my system, iTunes consults the Gracenote CDDB automatically to download and reveal whatever information it has regarding any CD I pop into my computer.

In order to upload and submit information to the Gracenote CDDB, no barcode is necessary. One need only enter the CD info in iTunes, sign online, and then choose "Submit CD Track Names" under the iTunes "Advanced" menu. iTunes will then open a dialog window that lets the user know whether or not the attempt to submit was successful. In my case, with volumes 7 & 8, it was.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Originally posted by Dave the Rave:

Cool, thanks Geoff! ....although, I thought a CD had to have an official barcode for this to work. Anyone care to explain the rules to me please?

When I played the CD I sent Dave for my track "Tell Me a Story," Windows Media Player's album search has decided that the CD is N-Trance's version of "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?"

Originally posted by bleen:

I'll pop in Vol7 this afternoon - I know Vol8 intimately from having mastered it; it can remain in the case for a little while longer... :D

I did the same thing - I went right for Volume 8. :D

Excellent job of sequencing and mastering, brother bleen! :thu:

dB

Just got through Vol. 7 - what a great CD!! Congratulations everyone.

Brutha Bryce, excellent mastering/sequencing - the pace is perfect! :thu:

Gotta say, the biggest surprise of the disc for me was steadyb's Beach Boys-style track; didn't know the lad could sing like that!! :eek: Killer tune.

Maybe I'll post back with a play-by-play of everyone's song...

Originally posted by bleen:

Gotta say, the biggest surprise of the disc for me was steadyb's Beach Boys-style track; didn't know the lad could sing like that!! :eek: Killer tune.

Not sure that's b singing - I think he did the arrangement, played the instruments and recorded and mixed the tune, but I think someone else (the guy who wrote it?) sang it.

I could be wrong...

dB

I gotta concur. dB and bleen you guys did a great job sequencing the tracks. The flow of the songs is great! :thu:

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Archived