Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KT80-No bass?? Barbetta, Eon-better??

deadman9

Upon initial inspection there seems to be very little bass response. Much less even than an acoustic piano. It is elevated about 5 feet off the ground and I'm using balanced cables to plug my Rd700 into it. Is it because the stereo channels are mixing and cancelling out the bass??? As of now I'm planning on returning it to Music123 and ordering maybe a barbetta or eon15 or something like that, any suggestions???

I was also planning on being able to plug my bass into it, but after hearing it I'm afraid a bass might explode it like a guitar amp. Does anyone know of an amp that can do what I'm looking for?? I've thoroughly searched this forum and couldn't find anything on a dual use amp that would sound good for acoustic piano samples as well as bass guitar and whatever other sound I wished to throw at it. thank you all

Ack ACK ack acK ACK ACK!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have tried numerous keyboard amps and I am never satisfied with the sound in one way or another. How big is the speaker in the motion sound kt80? A small speaker won't have that great of bass responce. I also feel a lot of motion sound stuff is underpowered. I did try the KP 200 S as well.

Right now I am building a rig with passive pa speakers, a line mixer, pre-amp ect... It's the only way to get the quality I want.

I have heard a lot of guys use the JBL EON stuff. I think there are a lot of reviews on the forum about them.

I think the P.A. speaker setup is the way to go. I remain unimpressed with stock keyboard amps. They are ok for rehearsal and practice, but not live.

Good luck.

"Learn the changes, then forget them."

-Charlie Parker

I have an old crate kx160 keyboard amp with a 15" speaker that would handle it. I don't know if they still make them in some reiteration. It's bass response is massive. I don't think it could take a bass guitar though; that's asking a lot of a keyboard amp. Carvin makes some amps that might do the job, like a 1000 watt or so, 2x10, monitor/upright model, that would double as a keys/bass amp - but I don't know about ## of inputs.
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

Originally posted by daveloving:

I have an old crate kx160 keyboard amp with a 15" speaker that would handle it. I don't know if they still make them in some reiteration. It's bass response is massive. I don't think it could take a bass guitar though; that's asking a lot of a keyboard amp. Carvin makes some amps that might do the job, like a 1000 watt or so, 2x10, monitor/upright model, that would double as a keys/bass amp - but I don't know about ## of inputs.

I had a Crate 160. It wouldn't do organ bass very well, added a sub-woofer amp. If I remember correctly, they still make the 160 except it has stereo ins, but its a mono amp! Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Right now I am building a rig with passive pa speakers, a line mixer, pre-amp ect... It's the only way to get the quality I want.

I think the P.A. speaker setup is the way to go. I remain unimpressed with stock keyboard amps. They are ok for rehearsal and practice, but not live.

I second that. With so many excellent power amps and passive speakers to choose from, you'll come up with the perfect setup for your needs. And go stereo.

Archived