Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg Triton Extreme

andypk

Looking 4 some feedback on this new ax. I just purchased a Triton Extreme 88 to replace my very old and tired M1...It has some real cool features and I especially like the 2 USB ports..in light of the fact that I had it shipped to me here in Iraq.

I was able to interface my laptop to it with out a traditional midi interface. The optical I/O is also a real cool feature. I'm waiting for my speakers to be delivered (Roland DM 10) to see how the optical output works. Real good pianos, organs, strings, brass, drum kits, and very interesting effects. Touch Screen is readable and clear and accurate. Sequencer was intuitive and I had it operating in a couple hours right out of the box. As I tend to be more live performance oriented (part-time pro) vs studio I will probably never use the ax to it's full capability..so I'm just curious if there's anyone out there that can give a more technical review of the instrument. IMHO the Triton Extreme is really nice instument and although I may find some things I won't like...all the major systems of the keyboard are up to snuff and then some

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am thinking about getting the Extreme in 76 (unweighted). I had an old Triton Pro that I recently lost in a fire.

I loved that Triton, If the Extreme is better than this, I can't wait to buy one.

How are you gonna amplify it? Mono source, pa, or headphones? I used to run mine stereo through a guitar amp and a bass amp if I didn't use a PA. I still can't figure out how to dedicate certain sounds to a separate output.

I play bass and keys in my band, when I'm not playing bass, I would pan the bass zone far left and run it thru a bass amp, with the rest of the sounds through a PA or guitar amp.

Iraq!?! I hope you don't scare the locals with that thing.

If the Monster Island patch is still in the program banks, mess around with the toggle and the ribbon for some wierd sounds.

I'm dying to hear the valve force tube with some of the organ sounds. Let me know how far you get with that thing.

All I can say is "Be Careful!" And if you hear bullets buzzing by you or RPG's going off near you "DUCK & COVER!!"

I assume you're an American given you have a Pacbell.net email address. Oh, and btw, welcome to the Forum. :love::D If you're already married, you may want to cover the Tube when you're Gigging. ;)

Which begs the question; "where could you Gig in Iraq?" Especially in such trying of circumstances? - assuming that you do Gig. I assume again that you're either in the military or a civilian helping in the reconstruction process. If that's the case then you obviously won't be Gigging. If you're an Iraqi, my apologies for all my assumptions. But whatever the case may be; once again, "stay safe" and "be careful" in the mean time.

Mike

Mike

No worries about me here in Iraq. I'm in a fairly secure place with lots of time to practice.

That's why I decided to go for the weighted action to help strengthen my "chops". I haven't had a subscription to Keyboard mag in a while.

I suppose it's still too early for them to have done a review on the Korg Triton Extreme.

Archived