Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is this for real? Calling Mike Martin!

r33k

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, let's see... Yamaha was pretty 'dead' in the synth scenario, and now they have two of the most acclaimed in their categories the s80/90 and the motif. I don't buy it. 1st thing.

If the guy is a Yamaha employee, he is disrespectful and unethical - you just don't post shit like that, IMHO. I don't think he is, anyhow. I'm surprised how a new member comes in, posts something like this, and suddenly everyone thinks it's true and gives him the benefit of the doubt...... :rolleyes:

I think it's bullshit...

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by Rod S:

If the guy is a Yamaha employee, he is disrespectful and unethical - you just don't post shit like that, IMHO. I don't think he is, anyhow. I'm surprised how a new member comes in, posts something like this, and suddenly everyone thinks it's true and gives him the benefit of the doubt...... :rolleyes:

Maybe the fact he's lost his job makes him feel quite angry... I don't think it unethical I mean we're not talking about genocide or anything, were talking about a keyboard.

Originally posted by orangefunk:

Maybe the fact he's lost his job makes him feel quite angry... I don't think it unethical I mean we're not talking about genocide or anything, were talking about a keyboard.

I stand by my earlier point that I thought the post was bullshit.. but replying to your comment.

No, we're not talking about a keyboard. We're talking about releasing insider information that *may* reveal future business plans of a particular company. It's unethical whether you are still an employee or not, IMHO>

There are a few guys here that we laid off from their respective MI employeers, and you didn't seem them spewing random info on forums like this and SOS about their former employers.

I don't want to make a big deal about this, since it's not. Just wanted to clarify my comment.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

I don't buy it. If you noticed, the guy never even made a follow up post regarding his claims.

He could be a gisgruntled employee but I for one don't agree with his statements. Yamaha has way too much R & D into its Synth/Workstation line to simply abandon them. Especially since Yammie already has a big slice of the pie - of the Synth/Workstation [market]. Agreed, Yamaha is coming off of less than stellar financial gains of the last few years but it would seem all the more reason for them to turn up the heat on the competition and 'continue' to produce cutting edge Keyboard products in both the Synth/Workstation AND Arranger Keyboard arena. Not only to recoup their former financial losses [which they may have already done btw], but to attain and even BIGGER slice of the pie.

I can't see Yamaha relinquishing its foothold in the Synth/Workstation market like Technics just did to their Musical instrument division about two months ago. Yamaha's name is synonymous with Keyboards and Electronics. To give one of those up would be a fatal mistake IMO.

Mike

Mike

Since I am the new guy, I am left here to mind the store.

Uhh George - Mike was supposed to send me a Motif 8 ES to replace a um...err...sustain pedal I was having trouble with. He said if I couldnt reach him this week to talk to you and you would take care of it.

Thanks and UPS ground will be fine. ;):D

All I know is that you guys had better be kidding! :eek:

And if you are, you're a funny guy George.

Check out my site and song samples.

Lots of Kurz.

Of course, nowadays, my weapon of choice

is an ES8 and a Moog Voyager but I still have a spitload of K26's.

FL

www.franklucas.net

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend. Come inside, come inside."

I don't think George was kidding - I saw Mike just last weekend, and he told me he was getting ready to make a trip to Japan.

As for Yamaha dropping all synth development, this is the first I've heard of it - and I would be very surprised to learn it was true. Until I hear something definitive from someone currently at Yamaha, I will assume it is FALSE.

You can't believe everything you read folks...

Greetings from Japan. I'm a new hotel that has high-speed. :) There is absolutely no truth in that post. Needless to say I'm here in Japan discussing the product plans right now. Many exciting things to come over the next few years! See you guys soon.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Originally posted by Mike Martin:

Greetings from Japan. I'm a new hotel that has high-speed. :) There is absolutely no truth in that post. Needless to say I'm here in Japan discussing the product plans right now. Many exciting things to come over the next few years! See you guys soon.

Thanks for the info Mike! Are you enjoying beautiful Japan?

Best part for me is, I am going to a MOTIF ES Clinic at GC here in Michigan tonight!

This way, no, wait, that way!

Originally posted by Mike Martin:

Thanks for the info, Mike! It definitely sounded like bunk from a disgruntled ex-employee, but these days, you never know. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

r33k

Mike and all at Yamaha - while you're at it, what about that 76-key controller, fully weighted P80/S80 style, wheels on top, aftertouch, MIDI in with merge, a couple of MIDI outs, not heavier than 15 kgs (34 lbs)?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jeebus:

I think AWM2 is getting a little long in the tooth now. It will be nice to see some advances in AWM3 or whatever the next sample based engine will be called. I'm hoping for a more powerful voice architecture and a simpler UI. ;)

AWM = 12 Bit, AWM2 = 16 Bit, AWM3 = 24 Bit? It is only logical, right? :cool:

AWM3 with its 24 bit architecture will really be the cats meow when it arrives - if it arrives. Odds are it will. With more and more devices supporting 24 bit it will only be a matter of time IMO until AWM3 or any other 24 bit Sampled WAV ROM becomes a viable commodity for Keyboards. And after that we'll be looking at AWM4 at 32 bit? :thu:

Mike

Mike

Originally posted by marino:

Mike and all at Yamaha - while you're at it, what about that 76-key controller, fully weighted P80/S80 style, wheels on top, aftertouch, MIDI in with merge, a couple of MIDI outs, not heavier than 15 kgs (34 lbs)?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pretty please? With sugar on top? :D

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

I've heard Americans can sometimes feel tall when they visit Japan, but... "I'm a new hotel at high speed"...? Yikes, watch out!! :D (just fer larfs...)

Best, and looking forward to what Yamaha does next. FS2K -- Formant Synth 2 Keyboard? Pretty Please? :)

rt

is there any chance i could get mine with a side order of release velocity and poly-pressure; please?

oh thank you very much, all-powerful, nasty, withholding, synth manufacturers.

Since you invited our input :D I'd like a new KX 88 midi controller

8 midi outputs, 2 midi inputs

9 sliders

8 real time control buttons

4 foot pedal inputs/ 4 foot switch inputs

Large display for editing

8 zones per patch/128 patches with on/off buttons for each zone

default controller setting/patch change per zone

transpose function for each zone

programmable velocity aftertouch curves

key pad

USB 2

Black

Release date - June 1 2004 :eek::rolleyes:

I don't think Mike invited our input, but hey that's not going to stop me. :D

I'd like to see three things:

1) Please herd the manufacturers into a room and start talking about a new control specification that has more resolution and capability than MIDI. Unilateral action won't cut it, and Yamaha have more power than they have had in a long time.

2) Please give us more control. (a nice CS80 style ribbon, wheels, sticks and pads.)?

3) Please give us more synths (AN, VL, FM, etc.) we can control... with new dsp ideas.

In short, give us musical performer's power. Thx. :)

Jerry

Archived