Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

reason adapted,t-racks,sample tank free??

dontae

I got a bundle free with digi 002 protools LE MAC, but none of the stuff seems to work after I install it?

Does reason adapted have subtractor/malestrom, or is this free stuff just demo junk from digidesign??

anybody having luck?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of it should work fine. I put together a Powerbook/002 system for a client last month, and Reason Adapted worked fine. In fact, I had posted a question about its functionality vs Reason 2.5 in the SSS then.

And yes, it has Subtractor and Maelstrom, IIRC.

"For instance" is not proof.

Reason Adapted has the NN-19, Dr. Rex, 2 Subtractors, and Redrum. It's limited compared to Reason 2, but it's fully functional otherwise...meaning it's not a demo. It's a cool app, and it does what I ask of it. The TRacks is just the EQ part. I like it a lot, actually, and use it often. The Sample Tank SE is also a neat little piece. I'd love to upgrade to 2 XL, but I'm hearing too many mixed user reviews. I'll wait a little bit before I take my chance on it (which I'll likely do regardless). I also am digging the Live that comes with this bundle. Live is HOT! Everybody I show it to comes away impressed. I haven't made too many tracks with it, but it has done it's job marvelously when I've called upon it.

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Got it reason adapted works in and with protools. No maelstrom though.

Today I bounced snare and kick panned L/R and exported audio file to desktop,then imported audio file into PT.Voila seperated kick and sn from reason,but....

Can you track more than 2 instruments in to protools at a time(like 6 in one transfer)?????

thanks

Can you pull up a moog softsynth in reason?
If you're asking if you can load it as a plug-in, like one of the Arturia synths, no. One of Reason's limitations is that it doesn't host plug-ins. This, like many of Reason's limitations, can be overcome by running Reason as a Rewire slave to a sequencer that will host plug-ins. Which ProTools is.

If you're asking if you can program a Moog-like sound in Subtractor, yes. It won't have the same tone, but you can approximate most any Minimoog sound with Subtractor. If you want a certain character and aren't trying to fool the experts, it should give you what you need.

Archived