Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gigastudio?!?!?!?!?!?!?

kb420

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use it all the time...and it works fine. I haven't had any trouble with it. Most all of the libraries support it. However, editing is a real nightmare. V3 looks to be a HUGE improvement BTW, addressing many of the shortcomings of the current version.

- Jan Folkson

http://www.janfolkson.com

"How do you know when it's music and not just a bunch of noise" - Dennis the Menace

I have four shoe boxes full of Giga samples. Many of them are excellent, and high quality. Quite a few are ports from other samples, mostly Akai, and many of these are a little 'flat' (neutral, not out of tune, although that also occurs...) due to limited size and layers. Also a great many are crap.

The problem is that you have to audition very carefully before you purchase, as the licensing does not allow you to return, resell, or even give away a sample library once you've bought it.

And your idea of crap may be somone else's idea of perfection, so you can't always trust users' opinions.

Northernsounds.com still has the best Giga forum, this is where you get info about the quality of the libs from the users; many developers will answer questions there.

I make major use of Giga in my world productions, but big band, jazz, or other non-orchestral/film score users may not find the sounds they want in these ilibraries, as they really are largely 'orchestrally' oriented.

OTOH, there are some great pianos, Rhodes, basses, clavs, acoustic guitars, and world instruments.

Well worth it if you're not doing primarily rock production, IMHO.

Dasher

It's all about the music. Really. I just keep telling myself that...

The Soundsmith

Originally posted by Dasher:

The problem is that you have to audition very carefully before you purchase, as the licensing does not allow you to return, resell, or even give away a sample library once you've bought it.

Dasher

If you buy something from SampleTekk, you can!

The White Grand, our first product, have a license that allows you to resell the it if you want to!

As usual, Worra responds perfectly to user demands. I think you're the first, but hopefully not the last. to implement this licensing scheme.

Thank you.

Sampletekk, alias Worra (alias Pers also, I guess-whereforth cometh 'Worra'? Don't Worra 'Bout Me?) I own several of this company's libraries - all uniformly high quality, well thought out.

Dasher

It's all about the music. Really. I just keep telling myself that...

The Soundsmith

Archived