Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Goodbye, Home Recording

Geoff Grace

I received an unfamiliar magazine in the mail today with the following note attached:

Dear Subscriber:

We're very sorry to say that Home Recording magazine has ceased publication. That's the bad news. The good news - no, make that great news - is that for the remainder of your subscription, you will receive Guitar One, the definitive magazine for dedicated guitar players of all skill levels...

I supposed I could find a way to enjoy seeing how guitar players live for awhile, but I'm a little bummed to discover that Home Recording magazine has folded. Granted, it was a bit prosumer for my taste; but I still managed to find something of worth in almost every issue.

I hope that the employees of this publication land on their feet.

Goodbye, Home Recording. :(

Best,

Geoff

CC: Craig Anderton\'s Sound, Studio, and Stage

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sucks! I like Home Recording. I didn't subscribe, but I bought them at the newsstand whenever they had product reviews that interested me.

GuitarOne? Sounds like a bird cage liner.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

This happened a couple of months ago (I believe Dec 03 was their last issue). So sad - There were some good articles in that magazine. I used to pick it up regularly at the newstand. My wife was going to get me a subscription for Valentine's Day, but had no luck (which is how I found out).

The saddest thing for me was that I was looking forward to January because a friend of mine was featured in a sidebar article in December (HDTV/Soundstage), and that sidebar mentioned that the January edition would have a more in-depth article on Frank as well.

Originally posted by PatAzz:

This happened a couple of months ago (I believe Dec 03 was their last issue). So sad - There were some good articles in that magazine. I used to pick it up regularly at the newstand. My wife was going to get me a subscription for Valentine's Day, but had no luck (which is how I found out).

The saddest thing for me was that I was looking forward to January because a friend of mine was featured in a sidebar article in December (HDTV/Soundstage), and that sidebar mentioned that the January edition would have a more in-depth article on Frank as well.

Pat, that's too bad about your friend, Frank. So many musicians labor away in obscurity while a handful get all of the attention. It would have been nice for him to have had a more in-depth article!

I suppose it's a bad tribute to Home Recording that I didn't miss it for the last few months. However, I subscribe to a lot of magazines, so it can be easy for one to get lost in the shuffle...

GuitarOne? Sounds like a bird cage liner.
Ewww, I hope Guitar One comes in a plain brown wrapper, what if the neighbors saw you pull it out of the mailbox? :eek::freak::D
LOL, guys! :D

...And I thought we keyboard players were supposed to have guitar envy ! :rolleyes:

Best,

Geoff

same shit happened to me - i got this goofy guitar mag and thought 'WTF!!!! - i didn't order this' then i read the insert in the back.

it's happened to me before when i sub'd to newer mags that haven't been around long.

still pisses me off tho.

Originally posted by mildbill:

it's happened to me before when i sub'd to newer mags that haven't been around long.

still pisses me off tho.

I was substituted Gig magazine when Musician folded a few years back. That's not quite the same, though, in that it seems like Musician was around forever. I still miss Musician...

Best,

Geoff

Archived