Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC Comps - Volume 7 ONLY Credits

b_3guy

Put your credits here for the Volume 7 liner notes. To keep them straight, there will be a thread for Volume 8.

Here's an example

How Was I To Know Steve Jordan (b_3guy) - Written by Paul Lucas. Arranged by Paul Lucas & Steve Jordan. Engineered & Final Mix by Steve Jordan on a Mac Dual 867, 1.2 gigs of ram using DP 4.12, Waves 4.0, B4, EP73, Reason. Vocals, BG vocals, harp, acoustic guitar by Paul Lucas. Organ, EP, horns, bass guitar, & drum programming by Steve Jordan. Horns by Reasonating Horns. Drums by Mick (Flea) T. Wood.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Porcupine Feet c.2003 Ken Soper b.d.c.f music, BMI

Jason Roller, guitars

Ken Soper, Minimoog Voyager (through Lexicon mpx 550), Roland VK-7 (through the Motion-Sound R3-147) Roland RD-700, Reason, various loop libraries.

Recorded in Sonar 2 and 3, using Aardvark and Echo interfaces on PC-based computers. Mastered in Sound Forge 6 using Waves mastering tools.

"P-feet" was one of the first things I did when I got the Voyager and it started out as more of a test than a conceived piece. There are at least 16 tracks of Minimoog on it. :D

An mp3 post will surface eventually...

Enjoy,

ksoper

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Kach-2003-Sruly Nachfolger

All Keyboards, Drum Programming, BG Vox - Sruly Nachfolger

Lead Vocal - David Erblich

Recorded & Mixed by Sruly Nachfolger@Soundscape Studios

Recorded on a Roland VS-1680.

Vocals - Neumann TLM-103/D.W. Fearn VT-2 Preamp/Amek-Neve System 9098 C/L.

Keyboards - All sounds were played live as audio from a Korg Triton. No sequencing whatsoever except for Drums & Bass which were sequenced on a Yamaha PSR-4000.

The artist had given me freedom to arrange this song as I felt necessary. I decided to let my Floyd influence get the better of me and put in a little "Run Like Hell" in the beginning. Then I had this Stevie vibe goin', so that brought on the funky Clavinet/wah sound. I had a good time recording this song - I hope you enjoy it!

Don't Say Nothin' © 2004 dB

Produced and mixed by dB on the Macintosh G5 using Apple Soundtrack software

This is my first attempt at a purely cut-and-paste approach to music production, as well as my only relatively successful attempt to date at working in the dance-type music genre.

It made me feel a bit odd at contributing a tune that I didn't actually play on; but, then again, I never specified who had to play the keyboards, just that the compositions be strongly keyboard-oriented...which this tune certainly is.

I'm especially proud of the drum track, which took me a while to get it to sound natural and evolving. I had a lot of fun doing this track - I hope you guys like it.

Hey - can you actually copyright a tune done using public domain loops? I have no clue...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Oops.

I Put my liner notes on the Vol 8 list by mistake.

Le voici:

Overheard At The Bog ©Daniel Stecko,2003 (DanS)

A mix of hardware & softsynths recorded into Cubase VST32 & Acid. Lightly mastered using Wavelab.

Written, arranged & mixed by DanS

From the forthcoming CD "The Muse"

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Stop the Noizz!! Written by Albert Ibrahim c. 2004

Recorded on a Mac G4 500 MP, using Digital Performer 3.11, Mackie Mixer, MOTU 2408. Plugins: Channelstrip, PSP Vintage Warmer and Mix Pack. All keyboards and drum programming by Albert Ibrahim.

Synths: Yamaha S80, Roland XP50, Novation A Station; Alesis QSR.

Soft Synth: SampleTank

This song is dedicated to my two awesome, lovely, wonderful and sometimes noizzy kids...

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

On the Tonto Rim, © 2004.

Written and performed by Roger Hooper. Engineered and mixed by Roger Hooper on a Dual 1.2 Ghz Mac G4 using Emagic Logic Audio 6.3, ES2, ES P, and EXS24; Ableton Live 3.0; Yamaha S80 and EX5; Novation Supernova II ProX; Emu e6400; Korg Triton Pro; Spectrasonics Metamorphosis and Bizarre Guitar; Zero G's Unhinged; William Coakley's Perfect Piano 3. Thanks to my wonderful wife Becky for introducing me to the beauty of the American Southwest.

Composer/Performer at Roger Hooper Music

Product Trainer at CASIO

www.rogerhooper.com

Centinela - (The Sentinel) © 2004 Gus Lozada

Courtesy of Peer Music de Mexico S.A. de C.V.

Written, Performed, Engineered and mixed by Gus Lozada on a PIV PC using Propellerhead's Reason 2.5, Ableton's Live 3.1, Sony's SoundForge 7.0 and Waves Plug-Ins. Recorded through a M-Audio's Delta 66 w/ omni i/o and a Solaris Microphone. Guitars by Enrique Gorriz. Enrique uses Ibanez Guitars and Boss GT6 FX processor.

This track is featured on WoM's CD, "Fraktal Life", a Bunda Lele Records / Peer Music Production.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Arc of Perception - Milton Peasley (mpeasley)

Copyright 2004. Written, performed, engineered, mixed, and generally messed with by Milton Peasley on a Sony VAIO PC running Sonar 2.2 and Sound Forge, using Korg OASYS, Kurzweil K2000, and Roland MBD-1.

slightly revised from the first one:

On the Tonto Rim, © 2004.

Written and performed by Roger Hooper. Engineered and mixed by Roger Hooper on a Dual 1.2 Ghz Mac G4 using an M-Audio Firewire 410, Emagic Logic Audio 6.3, ES2, ES P, and EXS24; Ableton Live 3.0; Yamaha S80 and EX5; Novation Supernova II ProX; Emu e6400; Korg Triton Pro; Spectrasonics Metamorphosis and Bizarre Guitar; Zero G's Unhinged; William Coakley's Perfect Piano 3. Thanks to my wonderful wife Becky for introducing me to the beauty of the American Southwest.

Composer/Performer at Roger Hooper Music

Product Trainer at CASIO

www.rogerhooper.com

Toccata Pat Azzarello (PatAzz) - Composed and orchestrated by Pat Azzarello. Originally written as a solo piano piece (1980) but later orchestrated (2004). Performed and mixed using only Sonar 3 Producer, Garritan Personal Orchestra and the Ambience reverb plug-in. http://www.patazzarello.com

Note: No bassoonists were harmed creating this piece.

"Shegar" Eleven Shadows-written and recorded by Ken Lee

orig. released on the CD "Sangsara" by AdAstra Records.

Vocals-Esther Tessel

Acoustic Bass-Connie Deeter

Keyboards, voice-Ken Lee

Tibetan gongs-Richard Lanchester

Recorded on an Akai MG1214 analog mixer/recorder, mixed to Sony 55ES DAT at Blueberry Buddha Studio.

Roland MKS-70, Kawai K3, Korg DSS-1, Kurzweil MicroPiano.

© 1994 Eleven Shadows Music, BMI

These songs were featured in Future Music, and won Demo of the Month and Featured Artist of the Year in that U.K. publication. They have been played numerous times on NPR and BBC. This song is written in Italian.

The vocals were recorded a capella, with the rest of the music recorded around her voice later. Many of the keyboards were recorded through a P.A. system and miced in an attempt to gain more of a sense of space.

Additional info for "Sangsara":

http://www.elevenshadows.com/sangsara.htm

Thanks!

Hey DB, if this is too many words, let me know and I'll trim. I am, after all, a Professional Editor Person :) - CA

-------------------------------------

Every now and then, somebody predicts the future and gets it right. Okay, so were not commuting to work using our personal jet packs, and Enron turned out not to be the best place to sink your retirement funds. But when people felt that the internet was going to democratize music, little did they know

Keyboard Corner started in 2000, when MusicPlayer.com got off the ground. It happened because Greg Rule and John Krogh, then with Keyboard magazine, said Hey, you should ask Dave Bryce to do a keyboard forum. Having remembered his superb contributions to my Sound, Studio, and Stage forum while it was on AOL, he seemed like a natural. After a brief moment of embarrassment for not having thought of that idea myself, I called Dave and 2.73 milliseconds later, he was on board.

Before long, though, Keyboard Corner mutated into far more than just a place for like-minded people to discuss keyboards. It became a newspaper, provided tech (and emotional) support, helped people decide what gear to buy, and perhaps most significantly, extended beyond words into music the Keyboard Corner Compilation series. In between the words of wisdom being presented on the forum, there was some great music being made in commercial studios, makeshift studios, bedrooms, and basements. The Keyboard Corner Compilations became a vehicle for getting this music out into the world, with various themes maintaining the coherence of the series: Covers only, piano music only, etc.

Lovingly put together by Dave and the other forumites, Ive always looked forward to each compilation, and so does everyone else on the forum. Its wonderful to hear some fresh music made solely for the art of it, especially from people we feel like weve gotten to get to know over the years even though we may never have met.

Its a tremendous amount of work getting out these compilations, and Im amazed that Dave still has the time and dedication to keep this going. But against all odds, here are volumes 7/8, featuring original, keyboard-oriented music from the people who make the forum go around. I suppose at this point I should say Enjoy. But theres no need to I know you will! Kudos to the people on this CD for contributing some cool new music to our lives. - Craig Anderton

Originally posted by Anderton:

Hey DB, if this is too many words, let me know and I'll trim. I am, after all, a Professional Editor Person :) - CA

That's more up to Steve Jordan (b_3guy) than me - he's the one doing the artwork. If it needs trimming, I'm sure he'll let you know.

Thanks for taking the time to write this, Craig! :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Archived