Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Keyboard for 2004 help???

dontae

Hi,

I'm new and own a 3080 and triton,micro korg,and PT LE which I love!

I have samples of mini-moog and nord 2 but don't own the boards and voyager is too high.

I love hot sounds that sound real as far as rhodes,guitars,elec bass,and analog synth.

I heard a nord elctro,motif,fantom x and loved all of their rhodes.

Can anyone suggest something they heard that astounded them sonically for under $1500(hardware or software,new or used,vintage or new)?

this'll probably be my last,yikes,buy for a while....and I want it to be a slam dunk.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Motif is a really excellent choice (especially for the Rhodes and guitar sounds you mentioned), but just to play contrarian, I'd suggest also trying a Kurzweil PC2X-O (the "X" is the 88 note weighted keyboard, the "O" includes the Orchestral ROM, which is very nice). For a rack version, it's a PC2R.

For your $1500 budget, you might get lucky and find a used Motif Rack AND a PC2R.

Originally posted by dontae:

Hi,

I'm new and own a 3080 and triton,micro korg,and PT LE which I love!

I have samples of mini-moog and nord 2 but don't own the boards and voyager is too high.

I love hot sounds that sound real as far as rhodes,guitars,elec bass,and analog synth.

I heard a nord elctro,motif,fantom x and loved all of their rhodes.

Can anyone suggest something they heard that astounded them sonically for under $1500(hardware or software,new or used,vintage or new)?

this'll probably be my last,yikes,buy for a while....and I want it to be a slam dunk.

is this mr.winslow ? dano
www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

I heard reason today and the subtractor and solina on it sounded good I was so impressed for a in the box keyboard!?!

I can't go motif board cause it wasn't extremely different from my setup. I would like to go Nord Electro rack, Reason softsynth, fantom rack,motif rack...suggestions?...oh I will sell my 3080 as well cause fantom is better...

hey danno send me an email

winslowdynasty@aol.com

Archived