Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your ten favorite CD's

Alright. I feel the need to understand the musical interests of the people here. What are your top ten best CD's that you own? More like what you are into these days, vs all time favorites. Here's my list: Soulive - Turn it out Herbert - Bodily Functions Medeski Martin and Wood - Friday afternoon in the universe The Grassy Knoll - Positive Air - Moon Safari Bill Evans Trio - Portrait in Jazz John McLaughlin - This is jazz 17 John Scofield - Uberjam Wagon Christ - Musipal The Grassy Knoll - Happily ever after

http://www.kennyruyter.com/old/cowmix.mp3 <- Cowbell fever REMIX oh damn!!!

http://www.eastcoastbands.com

aka: ECBRules . thisOLDdude . keny . Scooch

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by thisOLDdude: [b]More like what you are into these days, vs all time favorites.[/b][/quote]Ok, here goes: .::> Toto - Seventh One .::> Any Steely Dan record .::> Donald Fagen - Nightfly .::> Michael Ruff - Michael Ruff Band .::> Miles Davis - Kind of Blue .::> Steve Lukather - Candyman .::> Stevie Wonder - Innervisions .::> Take 6 - He is Christmas .::> The Beatles - Abbey Road .::> Sting - All this time Man, I just want to go on and on...

-Joachim Dyndale

--------------------

Einstein: The difference between genius and stupidity is: Genius has limits

My Blog...

1. REM - Document 2. REM - Automatic for the People 3. Nirvana - Incesticide 4. Neil Young - Freedom 5. Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour 6. Fiona Apple - When The Pawn... 7. Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing 8. mdp - M (Nobody said I couldn't list my OWN cd) 9. Squirrel Nut Zippers - Perrenial Favorites 10. Soundgarden - SuperUnknown Pop-popity-pop-pop-pop!

ok i'll bite. Tricky-Juxtapose Bjork-homogenic massive attack-mezzanine radiohead-kid a neurosis-through silver and blood willie nelson-teatro dr dre-2001 queens of the stoneage-rated r switchblade symphony-bread and jam for frances nirvana-nevermind
I cannot be bought, and I cannot be threatened. But if you put them both together then I'm your man!"

NOT "all time favorites" but what we're listening to at the moment - that's actually a bit easier than trying to come up with "just 10" all time faves. Well, here's what I've been listening to lately, in no particular order: Weezer "Maladriot" Carole King "Tapestry" Beatles "Revolver" Ben Folds "Rockin' The Suburbs" Ray Charles "Rhythm and Blues" Steve Earle "Guitar Town" Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" Toto IV Elton John "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" Glassjaw "Worship and Tribute" Is that too eclectic?

Ok, I can dig. TOOL-Aenema Johnny A.-Sometime Tuesday Morning Phish-A whole bunch of live stuff (more than 10 CDs in itself, but ya know) " -Farmhouse " -Rift " -Story of the Ghost Widespread Panic-Don't Tell the Band " " -Another Joyous Occasion String Cheese Incident-Carnival '99 Van Morrison-Greatest hits Is that good enough? Definitely more than ten CDs, but who cares, right? Oh, and one more...Dave Matthews Band-Live at Folsom Field.

Uh, okay, how about this: Bobby Sherman N Sync Tony DiFranco Brittney Spears Menudo Debbie Gibson Backstreet Boys Tiffany The New Kids On The Block The Macarena... over and over at 78 RPM Is that a better list - or at least a more disturbing one? :p ;) :D Quick, someone call me a doctor! :eek:

That's an easier criterion than all time In no particular order 1. Rubycon - Tangerine Dream 2. Cords - Synergy 3. The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Genesis 4. Animals - Pink Floyd 5. Giant Steps - John Coltrane 6. Spectrum - Billy Cobham 7. Moondawn - Klaus Schulze 8. SMPTe - Transatlantic 9. Absent Lovers - King Crimson 10. The Dream Sequencer - Ayreon

Hey I just changed my user name to ECBRules. This will be my permenent user name.... for now. Aight, on the show..... word up to all these mentionables: Miles Davis - Kind of Blue Everybody says that this is the most influential jazz album of all time. I agree. That ride cymbal. ooooh. Soundgarden - SuperUnknown Chric Cornell. This is a great straight up CD. I wasnt surprised to see Chris Cornell was going to be the frontman for rage against the machine after they copped so many SG overdubs. queens of the stoneage - rated r Doesn't the Foo Fighter dude play drums on this? The only QOSA I have is a tape of their first release. The return of Stoner Rock. Yes. Phish live in japan This is the best live phish I have heard. I'm usually not too inspired by jambands that go forever but this is really a good instrumental cd. Giant Steps - John Coltrane Only Coltrane can compete with miles. I was recording this trumpet dude and trying to get a good muted sound once and he said: "You gotta be a 40 year old black dude addicted to heroin to get THAT sound!" needless to say we got another trumpet player. But Coltrane. Who else would have the balls to go solo sax over drums?

http://www.kennyruyter.com/old/cowmix.mp3 <- Cowbell fever REMIX oh damn!!!

http://www.eastcoastbands.com

aka: ECBRules . thisOLDdude . keny . Scooch

blue by the marginals pen and cube by fred gorschaulk quartet last supper by bjork etretat suite by beethoven red nightmares by norbert haug band of gypsies by jimi hendrix lay back and grind by the dt bowlers rudenstark mendelsohnn variations by bob holtzman frampton comes alive by peter frampton

[quote]Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe: [b]Uh, okay, how about this: Bobby Sherman N Sync Tony DiFranco Brittney Spears Menudo Debbie Gibson Backstreet Boys Tiffany The New Kids On The Block The Macarena... over and over at 78 RPM Is that a better list - or at least a more disturbing one? :p ;) :D Quick, someone call me a doctor! :eek: [/b][/quote]Hmmm... I think this is a case of Elamitis! :eek: I figured that Elam of yours was was no good for you! Now SEE what it's done? It's sent you round the freakin' twist! :freak: You'd better give it to me quickly before you have another relapse! :D
"WARNING!" - this artificial fruit juice may contain traces of REAL FRUIT!!

Cheating a little, as several of these are greatest hits: Miles - Kind of Blue John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman (a sentimental favorite) Weather Report - Heavy Weather Bob Marley - Legend Ivan Lins - Minha Historia Tom Jobim - Jobim's Finest Hour Steely Dan - Aja Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life Pat Metheny Group - Still Life Talking, or Letter From Home Elvis Costello - Imperial Bedroom, or Painted From Memory (w/Bacharach)

I'm into 'one off' songs from CD's. Anyway, here's the CD's (this week's choice) these songs are on. Loggins & Messina - Best of Friends Nuggets - Vol. 2 (Thank you Little Steven!) Kinks - Low Budget Rod Stewart - 1st solo album (1970) The Faces - ..a nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse Mott the Hoople - Greatest hits John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band (1970) Hank Williams Sr. - Best of Pearl Jam's latest (2002) Gordon Lightfoot - Gord's Gold
In two days, it won't matter.

mmmm...well, 1. The Doors - The Doors 2. Parliament - Mothership Connection 3. Small Faces - Ogdens Nut gone Flake 4. Sly and the Family Stone - Fresh. 5. Commadores - Machine Gun 6. Steppenwolf - The Second 7. Jethro Tull - Stand Up 8. King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King 9. Yes - Close to the Edge 10.Herbie Hancock - Headhunters
Visit my band : www.neonfleacircus.net or www.myspace.com/neonfleacircus

I thought this was supposed to be what we're listening to lately, not a "favorite of all time" list. BTW, Giant Steps - Oooh! Gotta dig that out. Time for some Sax! ;) Actually, what I'm listening to RIGHT NOW is Sammy Davis Jr. doing "Ain't That A Kick In The Head".

Nefertiti- Miles Davis Soul Station - Hank Mobley 3 Quartets - Chick Corea Public Access - Steve Khan; Eyewitnwess Plantation Lullibies - MeShell NdegeoCello What's Going On - Marvin Gaye John Coltrane/Johnny Hartman Aja - Steely Dan Fullfillingness' First Finale - Stevie Wonder A Ghost in the Machine - the Police

Archived