Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard Corner Appreciation Thread

ELP71

If this has been done before - it needs to be done again!!!

Props to this forum!!!

Although I don't post terribly frequently...I read posts several times daily. This is an amzing community and I am so thankful for it. If only there had been something like this circa 1986 - 1992!!! I live in an absolute dead zone when it comes to live music - especially keyboards/synths.

Post your props here!!!

Weasels ripped my flesh. Rzzzzzzz.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I registered here last year and in a few months I'll have been here a year. Time flies. There's plenty of helpful people at KC and at the other forums - I can really only sum it up: great place!

I wish there could be a huge meetup though...

Yes :thu:

Signal to noise is very high in the Keyboard Corner.

Thanks guys - very much! How 'bout a beer? :)

Tom

Is There Gas In The Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

This place rocks!

The contributors and the moderator are the best anywhere.

Plus, we make the best compilation CD's, and we've made a bunch of them! (Weren't the guitar guys trying to make a comp CD once? Maybe they didn't have enough hairspray or something...)

:D

The Keyboard Corner RULES!!!

:thu:

The Black Knight always triumphs!

KC is the kewlest place on the web....

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

I have really enjoyed this site the most! I am constantly amazed at the knowledge base that is on this form. (I wish this was available years ago). What would be cool would be if we could all meet one another, share playing tips, etc., and have a massive keyboard jam session. (of course this would entail having the keyboard manufactures help in sponsoring it and getting to play all the new stuff!! :D )

Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK-1 + Ventilator, Korg Triton. 2 JBL Eon 510's.

Here, here. I love this place. Thanks all for making me feel welcome. I agree the S/N ratio is low, which even makes the occasional troll amusing. For the most part everyone is polite and informative, and I dig that.

It's the only BBS I visit regularly anymore, partly because of my focus on keyboard playing these days and partly because YOU GUYS ROCK! :cool:

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

All hail the mighty KC! Hail, King David! :)

Yeah, this place has the best S/N ratio of anywyhere on the web. Delightfully troll-free. I wish I knew enough about current gear to participate in more threads, but regardless, you can't find more consistently intelligent discourse about everything, even the off-topic stuff, rare though it is. Some damn smart football minds, too... :)

And thanks to Steve LeBlanc for hipping me to the joint in the first place!

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Funny that the S/N ratio gets mentioned by the folks I know from that OTHER place. The joys of a living (non-fire) breathing moderator, I guess. LOL.

This is my new fave keyboard place. It's a great board, big props to Dave, and to all the rest of you, for making it that way, and maintaining it.

The face-to-face thing would be cool. Speaking of that other (unnamed) board, we do a jamfest every year. Had 50 or 60 people at the last one. Only two keyboardists, so I was working awful hard, but big fun. A huge-ass keyboard summit would be a blast!!! Takes some guys who are willing to work real hard, though, to put it together. And people gotta be willing to travel for it.

Mean time, I'll just share a brew with y'all in the digital realm. Nazdrovya.

Daf

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

Y'all are way too kind... :o

Phil, the King David thing is definitely over the top, though. My ego does not need that kind of encouragement... :D;)

I'm really glad that so many interesting, cool, helpful and genuinely nice people enjoy hanging out here...that's what really makes the KC a stimulating hang, IMO. :thu:

As I've said many times before - this forum is certainly one of my favorite things in which I've been involved in my life. Thanks to all of you for making it real. :cool::)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

This is absolutely the best single keyboard forum on the web period!

I used to hang out at sninety.com, a great site for S90/Motif, but too many of the posts fall into the RTFM category. KC has great variety, just enough OT stuff to keep it interesting, some very talented/knowledgeable musicians from around the planet, and a great spirit of cooperation.

All this doesn't happen by accident, so hat's off to a great moderator. :thu: Thanks db.

Murray

Casio PX-5S, Korg Kronos 61, Omnisphere 2, Ableton Live, LaunchKey 25, 2M cables

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Y'all are way too kind... :o

Phil, the King David thing is definitely over the top, though. My ego does not need that kind of encouragement... :D;)

dB

Don't forget; I've talked to you on the phone and everything. So I know. :)

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

This place is the cat's ass.

As I get older, I find my interest in music waning. Too much of life in general keeps pushing it farther and farther into the background. It's just everyone here that pulls me back time and again, and keeps me playing. Without all the great people here, I'd probably have given it up completely long ago.

You're all great.

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

I started an appreciation thread around the Christmas holidays, but it sunk quickly. Here's what I had to say and it is still valid today!

I've really enjoyed being a part of this online community over the past couple of years. I'm not one of the most prolific posters, but I do chime in my $.02 on subjects that are near and dear to my heart.

What I like the most is that this community is always giving - whether it be in the form of gear advice, musical tips and technique sharing, job networking help, NAMM passes, actual product reps answering questions and many more things. What a rich resource we have here.

Recent personal example: I had posted a topic asking for someone to help me find an online Roland VK7 manual and within a week, Ken Soper (ksoper) had mailed me an original hard copy of the manual that had never been opened! He had an extra and was kind enough to share with me. Thank you Ken!

I've tried to do my part being the "Forum Keyboard Magazine Librarian" and would like to reiterate my standing offer to provide anyone with article scans they need from out-of-print Keyboard magazines. I think I've helped out about a dozen people and am glad to continue doing it. Just post your request and I'll try to find what you need in my archives.

Thanks again to everyone here for making it such a great place!

Regards,

Eric

This place is the only place where one person can ask a question, be it simple or complicated, and NOT be able to get any type of an answer. Try that with any other tech places :thu: .

The people here, whether they're professionals or not, are the most obliging individuals around that I've seen. No one believes any question to be stupid....rather, they simply provide you with an answer. Sometimes, they provide you with so much information that you wonder why it took you so long to find a place like this.

The people here range from technicians, historians, players (of every magnitude), parents, singles, male, females, and every race conceivable.

The individual, or individuals who created this wonderful haven came up with a most intriguing idea, and made it work.....big time!

This is your ONE STOP SHOPPING place for instruments, information, technical service, jokes, sports, news, and then some. Where else could you possibly go to find all of this in one place.

The people are fantastic. OK, so once in a while things are said, or misinterpretted, but that is trivial to what everyone here has accomplished.

Kudos to everyone associated with this forum. Although I may not be the most gifted musician around, or the most knowledgeable, I DO know that if I ever need help with anything, musically related or otherwise, this IS the place to go.

DAMN!!!!! But you people have done an excellent job!!!!! :thu::thu::thu:

Erlic

I have to say that this is one of 4 spots on my "Favorites" list. I try to visit every day. Over the last several years I have learned a great deal about the music, instruments, people that influence me and my portion in this artistic realm.

Thanks to all who have helped me over the last few years, whether directly or indirectly - it seems that every once in a while someone posts a question, and I may be having the same one myself -what a small world. And in that small world come the most amazing answers by the most amazing people.

And to DB, the best moderator. Thanks for the forum. This place RULES!!!

Jay

It's the people? It's our fearless leader? It's the way we keep to our 'purpose'?

I don't know the reason, but I've visited this site prett much daily since it's inception. And it's wormed it's way into many of my musical decisions. When I consider a piece of gear, I come and look up a thread about it. When I have a keyboard problem I first bring it here. But most importantly, it gives me a community to identify with musically. Something guitarists could do easily by getting together in a neighborhood band. Keyboardists being fewer, it's this kind of forum that allows us to inspire each other. There's a lot of musical things I wouldn't have tried if many of you hadn't inspired me to try them.

Thanks to you all and especially Dave.

Jerry

• 6 months later...
Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

Y'know, it's not just that this place is a great hang, it's that it's consistently a great hang! :thu:

...And for that reason, I decided to bump this thread. :cool:

BuMp!!!

Best,

Geoff

Geoff - thanks for bumping this!

I have been lurking, listening and occasionally posting for a few months now. I am addicted. It is lots of fun to be an amateur among the pros. Thanks for all your helpful advice. Your patience and enthusiam has helped rekindle music and keyboards as a long-lost hobby.

- Bob

Archived