Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moogerfoogers

Tom Fiala

I just got the low-pass filter. Wow. That's one sweet little piece of equipment - I'm surprised how overlooked it is among my musician friends!

I think it can make almost any sound source more interesting!

Anybody out there tried the "MuRF"?

Tom F.

"It is what it is."

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I really wanna have fun, I cross-connect the two units with each other and/or my Mini (each one has lots of i/o options - cutoff, mix, res ands amount in and Env out on the LPF...sweep, res, rate, amount and LFO out on the Phaser).

The ability to do this really adds a whole 'nother dimension to these units.

They are SO worth the $$$.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

you made me look at some fantastic online demos with the moogerfooger phaser; i'm getting one !!. it must be the deepest, thickest phasing I've ever heard. :D

Originally posted by Analogaddict:

I have the LPF, I absolutely love it! Running a Rhodes through it with about 50% blend makes for some great sounds!

Mine is also modified with a separate volume knob.

/J :D nas

Analogaddict, do you preamplifiy your rhodes signal in any way before entering MFs ?

is something like speakeasy \'stage-box\' mini-pre necessary in front?

if anyone has played with MF-104 (BBD); is BLACET Time Machine any good in comparison? (considering the unavailability of MF-104)

http://www.babic.com - music for film/theatre, audio-post

Originally posted by clusterchord:

you made me look at some fantastic online demos with the moogerfooger phaser; i'm getting one !!. it must be the deepest, thickest phasing I've ever heard. :D

Analogaddict, do you preamplifiy your rhodes signal in any way before entering MFs ?

No, I don´t. I get enough signal from my Rhodes for my needs; I don´t get enough signal for serious wah-wah madness, but I generally don´t use the Mooger for that; I have a Vox wah-wah pedal that´s more suited for the task. I usually run my Rhodes through the MoogerFooger and then through my Micro Modular for a little compression and stereo tremolo, until the day I score a pristine Mark I 88 suitcase! :rolleyes:

/J :cool: nas

Originally posted by Rabid:

Has anyone tried the Ring Modulator? That is the one I am interested in but I don't have a way to hear any of them.

I've played with it at trade shows. Strangely enough, it's great - sounds, y'know, like a Moog... ;)

If you're in the market for a ring modulator, I feel it pretty safe to say that you'd be happy with it. :thu:

dB

I will have to try out the 101 through the CP-251 MoFo and see if this works. There is a tremendous wah sound to be had by following a cable set up between the two. Actually, it could be imagination, but the sound was a real find. It is one of the patterns from the SH. Looking it up later might give more precise info as to settings. Will get back later. If I recall the manual says the fullness is due to a slowly timed filter in the control proccessor. I have to admit being unable to make these fly with the greatest of ease.

I will have to try out the 101 through the CP-251 MoFo and see if this works. There is a tremendous wah sound to be had by following a cable set up between the two. Actually, it could be imagination, but the sound was a real find. It is one of the patterns from the SH. Looking it up later might give more precise info as to settings. Will get back later. If I recall the manual says the fullness is due to a slowly timed filter in the control proccessor. I have to admit being unable to make these fly with the greatest of ease.

I (and I bet some other people too) always just assumed those things were for moogs - probably one of the reasons they're so overlooked. Could anyone explain what they do? I've got an OB-8 I'd like to tweak out a bit (you know, to get it to sound more like an Xa :D )

Thanks

Loxley11

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face"

-Mike Tyson

Hi Loxley!

Check www.bigbriar.com for more info. The Moogerfoogers are basically analog effect processors in stomp box format with loads of ins and outs and modulation capabilities. Since the low pass filter is monophonic and only one filter, it could not make your OB-8 sound like an Xa, but it can still do great things for just about any audio source. I recommend it warmly!

/J :cool: nas

I imagine the LPF is great for adding a wah character. Would you also use it (or the phaser) just as a warming up device for VA/Rompler style synths (instead of a digital multi-effect / amp sim / tube box). Do the audio settings make this possible on stage?

Or is the inherent character of the pedal so strong that one would lose some of the sound flexibility by keeping it in the signal chain of a bread and butter synth?

Best,

Jerry

Originally posted by Jerry Aiyathurai:

I imagine the LPF is great for adding a wah character.

Yup. You can use it as an auto-wah; or, plug in a cc pedal and use it as a real-time wah - I just did it last week on a guitar part for a tune I'm working on (Elton John's Grey Seal). It's the best... :thu:

Would you also use it (or the phaser) just as a warming up device for VA/Rompler style synths (instead of a digital multi-effect / amp sim / tube box).
Absolutely.

Do the audio settings make this possible on stage?
Certainly. You can use it just the same as any other stomp box.

Or is the inherent character of the pedal so strong that one would lose some of the sound flexibility by keeping it in the signal chain of a bread and butter synth?
Not at all. There are MIX knobs on all of the MoogerFoogers, so they can be balanced to taste. The Phaser even has STUN and KILL settings (really). You gotta love that... :D

dB

Archived