Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone seen Springsteen on latest tour?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw him in Buffalo a month or so ago. The show was good- and if you like his stuff Id recommend seeing it. However, somehow, the sight of him sliding across the floor and running around seemed a bit less sincere than it did twenty five years ago.- No problem this is show biz afterall and the songs still hold up very well live. Im nuts over the song "into the fire". I was disappointed in it live as the masterful mix on the CD just didnt come across live and didnt gernerate the same chills in me as the produce version does. Also - (nothin to do wiht the band or the sound system which appeard top notch) but the huge reverb chamber that is the HSCB arena in Buffalo left any detailed sound burried in endlessly bouncing sound waves. It was bad enough to be annoying thru the show. Its been a while since I was in an arana sized indoor venue. - Maybe I've just gotten more sensitive- but it kinda sucked in that respect.

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

I saw him in Philly in October. I thought the show was good. He played a few too many new ones for me, but that's expected. He took every guitar solo that night, and surprised me by playing "Incident on 57th Street" on piano. He pulled out some other oldies like "For You" and "Does this Bus Stop at 82nd Street?". He still puts everything into his live shows.
"Politics are like sports, where all the teams suck"

Thanks for the feedback! Apparently he plays a minimum of something like 10 songs from the latest album every night. The [url=http://www.backstreets.com]Backstreets website[/url] has all the set lists displayed for this tour.... :thu:

I saw him on Conan this week, and it was ok. I am a pretty big fan of his work, but he did an extended guitar solo that night as well. The band seemed to be trying to stay out of his way, which was kind of wierd. I wondered who had the job of telling Miami Steve, and Nils Lofgren that they would just be rhythm guitar players now, along with his wife. Rock stars.......

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

[quote]Originally posted by Kendrix: [b]Saw him in Buffalo a month or so ago. [/b][/quote]I saw the same show on 10/7. The last time I saw Springsteen was 1984 in Saratoga Springs on the "Born in the USA". While nothing can ever compare to the 4.5 hour shows of that era, Springsteen certainly doesn't "phone it in" over the course of 2.5 hours. Clearly, Bruce and the entire band has a great time on stage, and the audience can't help but have a great time. The new songs sound great live, and the set lists have been fairly balanced. I'd say that it's worth the money.

• 6 months later...
In addition to that Oct. 7 show in Buffalo, I saw Bruce play here in Rochester in March. The venue was one of the smallest on the last leg of the tour, about 12,000 seats. Even better than the Buffalo show! They played "Blinded By the Light" by request from a fan in the pit. I'm going to skip the next round of US dates, in stadiums.

• 2 months later...

Archived